Author Topic: Dragon's Lair online challenge!  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
Dragon's Lair online challenge!
« on: February 11, 2018, 04:54:36 pm »
Just reading the posts under TG's Dragon's Lair disputed thread. Some of the arguments are valid BUT  they are overlooking one VERY IMPORTANT detail that I've been saying for "TWENTY YEARS". I will no longer explain it. In the tradition of the Tessler online DK contests I will put up  $100 first prize  but also $50 and $25 for second and third place.

Howabout this starts as a post valentines day event on February 16th.

I will guarantee I beat any of 455k players  on the standard rom set. (A-F2) the 2nd place score is plauseable and considered very good I do not doubt for a second it happened it happened , but 558k has been a bogus WR for going on 35 years now.

I've set the contest.

Rules, original arcade hardware or emulator or retrofitted LD player in conjunction with original hardware are acceptable. Only USA Cinematronics roms A-F2 are to be used. Any difficulty setting with 5 lives. Game ends after 5 lives are used or completion of the 1st Dragon's Lair sequence. So don't bother with that  Bogus 999,999 "trick" recently uploaded. I knew about that for about 18 years now.

999,999 using Unlimited guys?! Seriously?! Really?! Are you kidding me?! UNLLINITED LIVES!?  Literally any bum off the street never having played the game can break a million in the game with unlimited lives, so that 999,999 discovery is a big nothing burger, means very little AND the novelty of ending the game with 999,999  will only  on the EASY  setting anyway.

I play that blind folded and still complete the game ....literally.

So how about it can I get a promotion and time set here for the contest?

Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
Re: Dragon's Lair online challenge!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:58:55 pm »
Forgot to mention the Dexter PCB is acceptable as well, Score  must be clearly visible at all times  during game play via either the LED display board or overlay text as optional in the emulator.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:07:49 pm »
Forgot to mention, 2nd and 3rd place score only receive money prizes if the score is above 455,623. No room for amateurs  here.

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 05:43:35 pm »
Can I play this on the Retro Uprising webpage?
"Kill screen? Ha! It's for tourists."  - Mr. X
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener CK World Record Holder - MAME DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK 1.2M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Former D2K World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 01:48:53 am »
Yes. if only to show what BS that score was the last 35 years

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 01:54:14 am »
Still waiting on a confirmation date for this even though I've been banned , but in style, in the classic Rudy J Feretti Style no less.  An Honor in a way :)