Author Topic: New transistions  (Read 9888 times)

RogerChampagne

New transistions
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:32:37 am »
Why is it so hard for me when i point press after useing the bottom hammer to work my way up too the second hammer.  This drives me crazy and i tend to steer away from practicing that too just going up and grabbing the top hammer if anyone has helpful pointers im all ears and i guess eyes too ;)

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: New transistions
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »
Yeah, I pretty much dog it after the bottom hammer too. I say to myself "I know there are points I should be getting here, but to heck with it," and just steer everything out of the way.

Aggression during the transition is probably the most dangerous spot in the game. You can very, very easily kill yourself if you're not good with all the different barrel combos.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »
Why is it so hard for me when i point press after useing the bottom hammer to work my way up too the second hammer.  This drives me crazy and i tend to steer away from practicing that too just going up and grabbing the top hammer if anyone has helpful pointers im all ears and i guess eyes too ;)

Roger, can you give us more information on the difficulty you're having?  I think Chris and I interpreted your post differently.  Are you talking about surviving the transition phase on the barrel boards?  Or is it a matter of scoring, where you're steering away a large number of 0 point barrels?

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

RogerChampagne

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »
i just have a hard time getting to the fifth girder after using the bottom hammer its been getting a little better just didnt kno if anyone had a smooth way of working there way up or do i just have to learn when to move so i dont dump barrels at myself that make it impossible to get by?

Offline dkjoe

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 08:03:22 pm »
An old post but I am reading it so I will comment anyways. You can get pretty high before many barrels are on the screen if you run for it. Less barrels means less to control or accidentally control a barrel down a latter and less barrels going down a latter means they are more evenly spaced which is easier to navigate. These are basic reasons but reason enough to conclude it will be harder to get the second hammer if you get the first.
Member for 5 Years

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 11:21:19 pm »
After bottom hammer, if everything steered well you should have a fairly clean board again so transition is easy. Even steering 2 or 3 barrels away is cheap to get to the grouping location.

That said, if things go poorly from a steering standpoint, or you were forced to grab at a weird time, you can have a mess. And yeah, you’ll need to be adept at a lot if barrel combos to make it up without dumping a ton of points. I think the only time it’s really hard is when a fireball starts to chase you up and you’re forced to rush it and screw up with either a wild or a bad combo. The most important part is to not panic.

Stay calm, play fast and loose, and you’ll score.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer