Author Topic: My 2018 Classic Video Game Hall of Fame Inductees  (Read 3835 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
My 2018 Classic Video Game Hall of Fame Inductees
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:56:24 pm »
OK, a few months ago in August I made my 2017 Video Game Hall of Fame

Those inductees where
Donald Hayes
Billy Mitchell
Matt Hall
Dwayne Richard
Todd Rogers (Knowing what I know now, I don't think Todd would make my personal Hall of Fame, but since people don't kick people out of the HoF, he stays)

For 2018 I decided to induct three people, because in baseball they inducted 3 people the second year of existence.  I just use baseball as a rule of thumb for how many people I should induct.  I decided to make my list for my personal video game hall of fame because writers are already voting on players for 2018.  So it's early, but not too early.

My 2018 inductees
Martin Bedard: He's been at it for some time.  He almost always gets in the top 3 in tournaments, and holds numerous records.
Tom Votava: Votava is in my opinion the greatest NES console gamer of all time.  He was also the pioneer of speedrunning the NES which has become HUGE since then.  Much respect, and he gets my vote.
John McAllister:  He's probably the king of the Arcade marathon.  While most have stopped at just one arcade marathon,  he has numerous marathon arcade records.  He also has one of the most revered records with his five man Robotron score.   He also has various records on other Arcade/MAME games.

OK, this years inductees I feel are probably less controversial than my first round of picks, and I think most people can get on board with my picks for 2018. :)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
Re: My 2018 Classic Video Game Hall of Fame Inductees
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 08:19:11 pm »
Dwayne Richards, Don Hayes  YELL YEA!  Superstarz in classic gamming.Silly Bitchelle fuck him!
Damn Crook!
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 10:14:34 pm »
ROFL
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 11:11:16 pm »
LOL
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 11:14:47 pm »
but since people don't kick people out of the HoF

It's your Hall of Fame, sir. You can do whatever you want.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 04:45:40 am »
but since people don't kick people out of the HoF

It's your Hall of Fame, sir. You can do whatever you want.

It's already better than the baseball hall of fame.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener