Author Topic: My Classic Video Game Hall of Fame 2023  (Read 4531 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
My Classic Video Game Hall of Fame 2023
« on: January 01, 2023, 09:01:51 am »
Well, it's that time of year again.  The time to announce enshrinement of a person in this community to be in my Hall of Fame.  As you know, I follow along with baseball with people who I enshrine.  If baseball had a year in the very beggining where they enshrine 5 people, I enshrine 5 people.  On this year in 1942 they only elected one person.  Rogers Hornsby.  So, I will follow with this tradition, and only elect one person.  Next year will be the only year I will veer away from tradition, because baseball didn't elect anyone that year.
So now to who I picked.  I had two people I was tossing back and forth to elect this year.
Both candidates had very strong resumes.  One day I was thinking one person should get in, and then the next day I was thinking the other.

So, I decided on electing Hector Rodriguez.  Not only has Hector had a very long history in this community.  He has had a very long active history, and when I saw his post yesterday about him posting about scores he got, I realized that the choice was clear.  It had to be Hector.

So, I welcome Hector Rodriguez to the 2023 Video Game Hall of Fame.   He had numerous records over the years in great arcade games like Track N' Field, Excite Bike, and Return of the Jedi.  He's been very active in the Yolympics, and BOTA.  And, as an added bonus, he helped popularize a technique that has revolutionized the way NES games are played.  Originally Rolling was called Flyheccing.

I also know Hector Personally, and he's been a great asset to the community.

And to those upset over who I picked.

<thefinger> <thefinger> <thefinger>

My previous enshrinements

Donald Hayes
Billy Mitchell*
Matt Hall
Dwayne Richard
Todd Rogers*

*Both Todd Rogers, and Billy Mitchell were kicked out of Twin Galaxies after they were put in my personal Hall of Fame.

Martin Bedard
Tom Votava
John McCallister

Dean Saglio

Mark Kheil
Tim Sczerby
Robbie Lakeman
Wes Copeland
Phil Tudose
Andrew Barrow
Steve Wiebe

Shigeru Myamoto
Eugene Jarvis:
Takshi Nishiyama:
Toru Iwatani
Tomohiro Nishikado
Ed Logg

Walter Day
Jonas Neubauer

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 09:03:58 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Dallas Taylor

• Awards
Re: My Classic Video Game Hall of Fame 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 09:55:01 am »
I wasn't aware that you did this George. Neat idea.

Looking at your lists of past inductees, I'm surprised that Mr. Rodriguez was not already there. Good call giving him a spot this time around.
Fly is a gamer that we should all aspire to emulate, regarding the pursuit of greatness in gaming.
Member for 4 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 11:15:03 am »
Ben Gold snubbed yet again. SMDH
Member for 10 Years

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 02:11:20 pm »
Ben Gold snubbed yet again. SMDH
If I were to name great gaming moments in video game history, Ben Gold's That's Incredible win would be right up there.
There were some great gamers from the 80s.
I have one huge problem with a lot of them though.
A lot of them spent less than two years playing these legendary games competitively.
With the modern classic game players it's easier to find players who have also done great things, but have put in a lot more time into these games.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline HugDD

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 01:20:28 am »
I wasn't aware that you did this George. Neat idea.

Looking at your lists of past inductees, I'm surprised that Mr. Rodriguez was not already there. Good call giving him a spot this time around.
Fly is a gamer that we should all aspire to emulate, regarding the pursuit of greatness in gaming.

I agree with Dallas, in regards to FLY, George. I still can’t believe I missed out on meeting Hector. That was almost nine years ago, when I met his lovely wife, Alpiger, our beloved JC, and some others. I was too busy mingling with Mark and $yl, as she was assisting him with his tournament. Hector was in the distance, talking with the competition.

At any rate, Hector and I have much respect for one another, which I think is really cool. We’re very different peeps, and always enjoy his company, and catching his streams when I’m able. He’s a stellar gamer and person.

Cheers George, I hope you have an amazing 2023!  :)

-Duc

P.S. Wow, this post is somewhat reminiscent of my first post in 2015, in the Welcome to DKF thread, currently on page 8![color]
My best streamed Centipede game https://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/v/51955812 -786k

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world...While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here - Jessica Chastain
Member for 8 Years

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 02:47:52 am »
Well done, Riley. With this you have earned your spot on my next BOTA team.  Kappa

Thanks for the kind words @WeeHawk  <thefinger>

Thanks Duc and Dallas.  :)  Too kind.

Fly
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 02:29:15 pm »
PICK me me me me me wht da. lit.. its my turn. this year yer buddy <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Billy> <Billy> <Billy>
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Simpsons99

• Brian *The Big Bird Hater * Allen
    • Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 12:13:36 pm »
PICK me me me me me wht da. lit.. its my turn. this year yer buddy <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Billy> <Billy> <Billy>
oh Please Allen
Donkey Kong 880,500 Kill Screen
Donkey Kong Junior 1,073,800 Kill screen
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000
Crazy Kong 566,600  Kill screen.

http://www.twitch.tv/simpsons99
You Tube: Simpsons99 Gaming
Discord: Simpsons99 Gaming
Member for 9 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Simpsons99

• Brian *The Big Bird Hater * Allen
    • Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 12:17:23 pm »
Would love to know where i would be ranked on a Hall Of Fame List.    I have made quite the name for my self in classic gaming over the last 10 plus years.
Donkey Kong 880,500 Kill Screen
Donkey Kong Junior 1,073,800 Kill screen
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000
Crazy Kong 566,600  Kill screen.

http://www.twitch.tv/simpsons99
You Tube: Simpsons99 Gaming
Discord: Simpsons99 Gaming
Member for 9 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer