Author Topic: My top 21 rankings of hardest Arcade/MAME records.  (Read 3480 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
My top 21 rankings of hardest Arcade/MAME records.
« on: October 29, 2017, 06:47:31 am »
Ok, this is my completely biased opinion of the greatest Arcade/MAME records. Edit: This is just for games in the Golden era 1978 to 1985
1. Donkey Kong 1,218,000-the competition has made this record truly amazing.
2. TGTS Robotron-this game has heavy competition, and yet the five man is still better than anyone else by hundreds of thousands.
3. Galaxian over two million score.  Getting one million on this game is hard.  Getting two million is insane.
4. TGTS Missile Command.  Tony Temple is heads, and shoulders above everyone else in a very competitive game.
5.  Missile Command Marathon.  To beat a record that was probably played on multiple credits deserves acclaim.
6. Track & Field This is the record where natural born talent is required for breaking the record. You need physically gifted fingers to do great.  Also it's another heavily competed game.
7. Q*Bert Marathon.  Leutz beat a probably fake score. Did it for over 85 hours.
8. Galaga marathon.  Heavy competition, and the record has stood since 1989
9. Donkey Kong Junior. Lots of competition through the years.  I know enough to know 1.412 million is amazing.
10. Pac Man Perfect eat speedrun. You need frame perfect moves for 256 boards to beat this record.  Very hard indeed.
11.Frogger By far the most patience required.
12. Jr. Pac man. Ashman still has the keys to a game no one else has figured out.  Over three million, and only one person has over a million.
13. Ms Pac Man you need a ten thousand to one lucky game, and perfect execution to pull it off.
14. Mario bros Epic score on a very, very hard game.
15. Rick Carter's 1.2 million Nibbler score.  Under rated score.  Nibbler goes super fast at the upper levels.  This game will put more of a physical toll on the hands than any other game.
16. Zookeeper-For all the trash talk Lexmark does, his score is still amazing, and no one knows the game like he does.
17. Pole Position Most popular racing game of the golden era.  Two men battled back, and forth in the 80s to make the score epic.
18. Joust marathon.  John went above, and beyond with this game.  Another game that's physically taxing.
19. Dig Dug Ken, Dwayne, and Don have pushed this game to the upper limits.
20 Super Zaxxon Donald Hayes getting over 800k in this insanely hard game is truly amazing.
21. Donkey Kong 3 marathon hard.  It's my list, and so it's up there.  6.1 million.  The title has decent competition, and no one is within half.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:58:05 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline VectorGamer

• Awards
Re: My top 21 rankings of hardest Arcade/MAME records.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 12:26:04 pm »
Star Castle (Vectrex) Champion Of the World!
PAPA 20 Ghostbusters Champ
Member Of the Billionaire Club
Member for 8 Years Blogger

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 03:08:27 pm »
Maybe everyone agrees?

Kappa
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:54:35 pm »
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  Even if it's wrong Kappa
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 05:39:59 pm »
I think there were a lot of people who were expecting me to put out there wild picks.  That didn't happen.  I think some honestly thought I was going to put DK3 in the top 5 the way I go on about the game.  I put Pac man, Ms. Pac Man, Jr.Pac man, Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Junior all ahead of my score.  So it's hard to argue 21 is too high.
Did I miss some awesome scores?  I'm certain that I did, but I didn't put any game too high on the list.
So basically it's a boring list because there wasn't any big time controversial picks. 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 07:28:38 pm »
Come into 20th Century Toys, Auburn N.Y. and beat 770,867  on Space Ace or 515k on the Dragon's Lair cab there. Beat a pultry 930k on the Multicade DcK and win $100

Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK Killscreener