Author Topic: What's equivalent to a 1.1 million DK score in other Arcade games?  (Read 10848 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: What's equivalent to a 1.1 million DK score in other Arcade games?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 04:26:30 pm »
What we can do is make comparisons using accomplishments we've actually achieved. They're a much more accurate measure, but keep in mind mileage will vary;

DK KS ~ 1m Galaga
DK 1m ~ Galaga KS
Marathon or Five man?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 04:30:21 pm »
What we can do is make comparisons using accomplishments we've actually achieved. They're a much more accurate measure, but keep in mind mileage will vary;

DK KS ~ 1m Galaga
DK 1m ~ Galaga KS
Marathon or Five man?

Hm probably 1m 5man and marathon ks

5 man ks could be like DK 1.1 but haven't got the latter so....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:51:02 pm by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Have a score on every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

WCopeland

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 06:41:37 pm »
As far as Wes.  Yes, you have a point about neither of us having 1.1 million, and none of us truly know because neither has reached the mountain top we are arguing about.  Still, lest I remind you, you have said in the past that 1.3 million on Donkey Kong Junior is equivalent to 1.1 million on Donkey Kong despite never having hit 1.3 million on Donkey Kong Junior.

I appreciate your attempt at ad hominem, but it doesn't really change anything.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 07:36:56 pm »
As far as Wes.  Yes, you have a point about neither of us having 1.1 million, and none of us truly know because neither has reached the mountain top we are arguing about.  Still, lest I remind you, you have said in the past that 1.3 million on Donkey Kong Junior is equivalent to 1.1 million on Donkey Kong despite never having hit 1.3 million on Donkey Kong Junior.

I appreciate your attempt at ad hominem, but it doesn't really change anything.
Ok, you got me, that was bad form for an argument.  I should have added, "so why the change of heart?" 
Then, I'm fleshing out your thought process, and I get a better understanding where you're coming from. My bad.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 08:55:50 pm »
What's interesting is neither one of you have a 1.1m Donkey Kong score, yet are making sweeping statements about your perceived difficulty of said score.

Vg
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 08:53:38 am »
What's interesting is neither one of you have a 1.1m Donkey Kong score, yet are making sweeping statements about your perceived difficulty of said score.

My high DK score is only in the 700's but I have a very good idea of what it takes to score 1.1 million on DK. I believe Chris and George both have the same understanding. We have been actively watching and following you elite DK players for years, we know what it takes.

I think the 66k on PP and 4.5m on dig dug are a little light. I'd say you'd have to kick PP up to 66.5k and dig dug up to 5m+

-Ken
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:01:23 am by Scoundrl »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 11:22:57 am »
602,130 on Vanguard is the absolute equivalent of 1,102,100 on DK.  This is factual when you take into account the fact that both have vertical monitors and some type of arcade music that plays. 
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline johnmcallister

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 04:06:39 pm »
Wagner what are you talking about, go back to Kangaroo :)   

Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 05:02:54 pm »
God I fucking love me some kangaroo
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 06:15:11 pm »
602,130 on Vanguard is the absolute equivalent of 1,102,100 on DK.  This is factual when you take into account the fact that both have vertical monitors and some type of arcade music that plays.

Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 06:16:23 pm »
When the scores happened matters. If I ever get 1.1 it’s because I got a crazy head start with strats others developed/discovered. Not that I will, but you get the idea.

A 5 minute smb run would have been amazing in 1988, not so much now.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

spectre

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 01:59:36 am »
Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror Instinct

Getting the Grand Master Grade (GM) in the game is rediculous. In earlier TGM games you had to meet certain score and time criteria to reach the GM grade but they took it to another level in this game. Here's an explaination of how to get the GM grade in Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror Instinct:

"If the player exhausts the potential of all three grade systems (by reaching an S9 internal grade, attaining all nine Section COOLs, and earning at least six grade points in the invisible roll), the player will still only be awarded MasterM. The GrandMaster grade can only be first awarded through a Promotional Exam. Given the requirements to receive an exam, the player's best four performances in their last seven games must all be GrandMaster-worthy. Finally, in addition to clearing enough lines in the staff roll to get GrandMaster, the player must also survive it to pass the exam.

It is not necessary to be currently qualified MasterM in order to receive a GrandMaster promotion.

Once the player has a qualified class of GrandMaster, then the grade can be awarded in normal play, rather than being 'invisibly' converted down to MasterM. However, if the player is later demoted from GrandMaster, they must receive and pass a Promotional Exam again to return to receiving GrandMaster grades."

In order to get GM you have to have 4 games, out of your last 7, that are GM worthy meaning being stupidly fast. Score a lot of points and clearing the invisible tetris section during the credits. This opens up for you exam and you have to do this crazy feat once more to obtain the GM rank.

Only 6 people have done this and only 1 of those are non-japanese.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 04:55:22 am »
To be honest, what you described comes off more as a 1.2 million Donkey Kong score for Tetris Grandmaster 3

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Verminator

• Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2017, 09:28:43 pm »
90 life ROM freeze on Frenzy before 500,000
60,000 on fast bullets Berzerk
250,000 on Crazy Climber
Perfect score on Ms Pac Man after Level 6
Passing any invisible, reverse gravity level on Gravitar
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:33:42 pm by Verminator »
Berzerk (Fast Bullets/No Patterns) = 58,780
Berzerk (Slow Bullets/No Patterns) = 195,000
Frenzy = 1,150,665

Donkey Kong = 249,800
Member for 9 Years

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2017, 09:52:00 pm »
Passing any invisible, reverse gravity level on Gravitar

Gravy  Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener