Author Topic: Am I the only admitted loser Champion?  (Read 14194 times)

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Am I the only admitted loser Champion?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 08:48:47 am »
 ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Whenever you feel down, or feel like a loser, remember that you were once the fastest sperm to make it to the woman egg. The other sperms were probably like:"Holy shit mates, this guy is fast as hell fttttt how does he knows. This guy is a winner, it wouldnt surprise me if he reaches the dk3 blue screen or something. Wait and see!"
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 12:45:31 pm »
If you feel like a loser now wait until your dk3 records have been beaten

<stirpot>

i literally shouted "OHHHHHHH" as i read this  <stirpot>
You do realize that McCurdy is one huge game away from busting your record?  Odds are your record gets busted way before mine.

Yeah Wes, watch out.  The only person capable of beating your score is one huge game away  Kappa

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »
Yeah Wes, watch out.  The only person capable of beating your score is one huge game away  Kappa

ROFL

We all know that you are washed up...destined for second. Kappa
"Kill screen? Ha! It's for tourists."  - Mr. X
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener CK World Record Holder - MAME DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK 1.2M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Former D2K World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 01:29:43 pm »
Yup, no chance  Kappa

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 04:15:37 pm »
To be honest Robbie, I figured that you didn't have a lot of time on your hands.  I don't doubt the skill.  I just doubt the time you have.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2017, 05:20:41 pm »
Weird thread.  Kind of like it was said,

1.  Start thread bemoaning Loser status
2.  Someone intimates said poster is Loser (and even not really)
3.  Loser's Panties all twisted in a wad.

Am I missing something here, GRiley?
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2017, 05:52:53 pm »
Weird thread.  Kind of like it was said,

1.  Start thread bemoaning Loser status
2.  Someone intimates said poster is Loser (and even not really)
3.  Loser's Panties all twisted in a wad.

Am I missing something here, GRiley?
Again, it's not because of any thing to being a loser.  I would have obviously agreed to that.  It's being a one trick pony I had a problem with
You see I could hold the World records in Donkey Kong, Galaga, Galaxian, and Ms. Pac Man, and I would still consider myself a loser.
In real life I'm still a dude that desperately wanted to get married, have kids, and a 9 to 5 job.
Since I failed in my major life goals, I therefore am a loser in life.
Classic gaming is just a diversion to this.  In classic gaming, the fake world things are more in my control.  In this world I can pretend I am a winner.
So when someone attacks my fake world, it tics me off more than when someone attacks my real world.  I've given up hope for the real world, but in the fake world, I am building a castle full of scores that will take a very long time to complete.
Edit
I call classic high score gaming the fake world because it's of very little consequence to the world at large. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:03:38 pm by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline VectorGamer

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 09:50:29 am »
You see I could hold the World records in Donkey Kong, Galaga, Galaxian, and Ms. Pac Man, and I would still consider myself a loser.

I saw the thread title and I immediately knew this was a George Riley thread.

I have zero arcade world records. But I know that I'm better than average at Star Castle, Space Fury and Sinistar. I enjoy competing in arcade tournaments (even though I'm no major threat) to see how I stack up against others on various titles and I enjoy the environment. Heck, qualifying for the finals at ReplayFX this year was fun despite knowing that it wouldn't've been possible had some of you guys shown up.

Now I'm rusty at arcade games cuz I've been devoting my time to pinball the last year-and-a-half. I'm just an average pinball player - my world ranking and tournament results support that. However, I did manage to place the top score on Ghostbusters this year at PAPA and I've won trophies and cash at local league and tournaments.

None of that makes me feel like a winner or loser. I'm just having fun.

In real life I'm still a dude that desperately wanted to get married, have kids, and a 9 to 5 job.

And what have you done to change that?

The best thing that ever happened to me was getting fired from a factory job over 20 years ago. It gave me the opportunity to go to college full-time and get an Associates Degree. I busted my ass, Dean's List, won a scholarship, graduated with honors and I got a job because of it.

I met a girl at college. I got her a job at where I worked and a short while later we got married. Today I have a modest house, a decent car, a small home arcade, two great looking kids and a career.

Since I failed in my major life goals, I therefore am a loser in life.

With that attitude you've pretty much just thrown in the towel and accept the status quo. Figure out where you want to be and how to get there.

Maybe you should start smoking weed. Serious. I can solve the world's problems when high.

<Pigger> <Pigger> <Pigger>

Star Castle (Vectrex) Champion Of the World!
PAPA 20 Ghostbusters Champ
Member Of the Billionaire Club
Member for 8 Years Blogger

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 02:48:35 pm »
Look, I don't understand the nuances of social conversation.  I am bad at the nuances of romance as well.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:55:15 pm by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard