Author Topic: Am I the only admitted loser Champion?  (Read 14147 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Am I the only admitted loser Champion?
« on: October 08, 2017, 11:36:12 am »
As far as classic gaming record holders, I feel like I may be the only one whose honest enough to admit they are a loser in life.
I am definitely bottom 20% material, maybe even lower, like 10%. 
Now, don't get me wrong, most gaming champs are not losers in life.  I consider the Donkey Kong champ, and the DKJr champ to be winners.
Steve Wiebe with his own house, wife, stable job, and kids is definitely not a loser despite what the KoK tried to portray him. 
So yeah, as far as I can tell, I'm the only admitted Omega male in classic gaming. There are others that I won't mention who you could classify as a loser, but I am the only one who says, "Yeah, I'm a loser, the Omega male, the bottom of the totem pole, the passed over."
Cue, the Beck music.
And yeah I am a fail fish,  FailFish
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Am I the only admitted loser Champion?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 02:43:53 pm »
As attention-whoring Riley threads go, this one is tops. Congrats.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:12:19 pm by xelnia »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 02:54:02 pm »
Yer come off it

Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:28:12 pm »
I will not stand for either of you speaking badly of Riley Threads.

I'll sit for it though, I guess.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 08:12:20 pm »
Honorable mentions have to go out to Pigger and TheBEAst
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 09:17:54 pm »
George, I personally don't think you're a loser. And even if you were one by your *own definition", what's wrong in being one?
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:31:41 am »
Steve Dwebie and Silly Bitchell are BOTH losers! Only losers have to lie and cheat other players  to get ahead. KoK was a perfect example. The only reason Steve has got what he's got is his parents and crooked connections in the film business that paved the way for him in life. Same with Silly Bitchell.  Billy was basically handed a hot sauce business from birth and over prometed as "so-called" gamer of the century. Those two jokers could not deal with reality without being juiced up by a secondary source.

BTW MY Steve Vs. Billy Vs. Tim Sczerby challenge is still open at the next Kong off.
My prediction:   Billy shows up so the idiot crowd can worship him, jerks around does nothing scores 500k then leaves.  Steve gets a 950k KS  and the idiot crow goes crazy! and Scerby plays to wipe them both out at the cost of $1000 for the 2. and nobody says anything
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 08:29:31 am »
and Scerby

When you cannot even spell your own name though... FailFish <jimmyhouston>
"Kill screen? Ha! It's for tourists."  - Mr. X
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener CK World Record Holder - MAME DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK 1.2M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder Former D2K World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:13 am »
Steve Dwebie and Silly Bitchell are BOTH losers! Only losers have to lie and cheat other players  to get ahead. KoK was a perfect example. The only reason Steve has got what he's got is his parents and crooked connections in the film business that paved the way for him in life. Same with Silly Bitchell.  Billy was basically handed a hot sauce business from birth and over prometed as "so-called" gamer of the century. Those two jokers could not deal with reality without being juiced up by a secondary source.

BTW MY Steve Vs. Billy Vs. Tim Sczerby challenge is still open at the next Kong off.
My prediction:   Billy shows up so the idiot crowd can worship him, jerks around does nothing scores 500k then leaves.  Steve gets a 950k KS  and the idiot crow goes crazy! and Scerby plays to wipe them both out at the cost of $1000 for the 2. and nobody says anything
Glad to see you respond Tim. I am going by society's definition of loser.  Society is perfectly fine with people who exploit others for their gain so that they come out as winners.
If I am going by biblical version of winners, well then it's, "The first shall come last, and the last shall come first. "
By that standard, I'm doing just fine.  :)

BTW: Brian wanted me to tell everyone that he is not a loser because he has his ;own house and everything."
Yeah, Brian has me beat on that, and has a sweet Arcade, and pinball collection.  That's probably worth a good 10 grand.
I see Jerry called me and attention.  To which I say, "That's like your opinion man."

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 10:40:40 am »
George, I personally don't think you're a loser. And even if you were one by your *own definition", what's wrong in being one?
Vincent, you represent a total success to me.  You succeeded in having a wonderful family.  That's what it's really all about.

The reason Or even bring it up is because there are down trodden people out there.  The rags to riches story is great, but it's always, "used to be."
I on the other hand, am one of them.  So in a sense my situation is more relatable.  Someone whose one of them.  I'm still on team bottom 20%·  I'm still on their team.  Someone who will own up to it.  Someone who will say, yeah, I'm one of you. :)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

WCopeland

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 10:57:37 am »
why does this thread exist

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 12:30:24 pm »
You might want to redefine success/loser firstly.  Having a family isn't success if it's unhappy.  Having no family isn't necessarily a loss if you are happy.  Try being happy to find success.  Also, if you define success as having a family, then you should consider getting a local trucking job (bread/beer/UPS, etc) and spend less time making these silly threads.  Go talk to a woman, woo her with your charm, marry her, have some kids, then come back and post again and let us know how it's going.
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 01:52:58 pm »
If you're self-sufficient, keeping a roof over your head, your electricity on, and paying your taxes, you're not a loser.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 02:25:51 pm »
why does this thread exist
I wanted to know if I am really the only person in classic gaming that owns up to this.   Maybe, there is someone else.  It's really, am I the only one?

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 05:44:36 pm »
Whenever you feel down, or feel like a loser, remember that you were once the fastest sperm to make it to the woman egg. The other sperms were probably like:"Holy shit mates, this guy is fast as hell fttttt how does he knows. This guy is a winner, it wouldnt surprise me if he reaches the dk3 blue screen or something. Wait and see!"

1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer