Author Topic: Dragon's Lair on Stranger Things.season 2  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
Re: Dragon's Lair on Stranger Things.season 2
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 06:44:50 am »
I will have to make another.  Just to make the contest interesting I will put up $50 for first person  that breaks into the  490k's. That offer will stand until November 1st 2017.  Again  rules are only 3 or 5 lives can be used  "ANY" difficulty setting' any rom revision from  revA-F2'     (Cinematronics roms only) any LDP combo ' emulator or arcade. (hitting disc player to skip the disc is allowed).

Only restrictions: No more than 5 lives can be used with any 1983 Cinematronics  hadware/ rom set' and game ends after the first Dragon's Lair sequence.

558 is NOT possible.

Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 06:55:25 am »
(hitting disc player to skip the disc is allowed).

Tim -- Can you go into more detail about this in regards to at what point in the game this is beneficial and how it benefits the player?  This intrigues me since I am a casual player on the game, who has never played for score but merely to finish it on a credit.  I had never heard of this technique before   Thanks.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Zerst

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 02:51:31 pm »
I went through and compared Tim's notes to a Youtube video of a Very Hard score run. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZowCPlvX0)

Tim's numbers are off in a few places, but he's pretty close to what I came up with as the max possible score (I got 506,015; Tim has 509,813).

I made a spreadsheet with the data.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:53:43 pm by Zerst »
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 02:57:07 pm »
Wow awesome stuff, Zerst

Are there more runs somewhere so you can verify the ones that weren't shown in that vid?

If this spreadsheet is complete, along with videos to back-up each boards score, I'd consider starting the dispute to get the score removed.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer