Author Topic: I have accomplished more with Donkey Kong 3 than anyone with any Arcade game  (Read 10176 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Yeah, that's a bold statement, and one with some braggadocio.  Does this make me Dbag for saying it?  Yeah, sure, but I at least want some discussion on the matter.  Will I get flak for saying something like this, oh yeah.  I'm sure people will say names like Dean Saglio, Steve Wiebe, and Billy Mitchell, and if you think they have accomplished more you might very well be right, but at least it brings about the discussion about who has accomplished most with a particular arcade game.  So I'll bring my list.

1. Holder of the Marathon DK3 Arcade record in both Medium settings, and Hard Settings.
2. Holder of the 5 man DK3 Arcade Hard record.
3. Holder of the Marathon MAME DK3 record in easy, medium, hard, and hardest settings.
4. Holder of the 5 man MAME DK3 record on easy, medium, and hardest settings.
5. First person to reach the repetitive blue screen. 
6. Only person to reach the repetitive blue screen on medium, and hard settings for Arcade.
7. Only person to reach the repetitive blue screen on medium, and hard settings for MAME.
8. Broke the Arcade world record in four different places.  Seattle, Denver, my home, and a friend's house.
9. Have been very open with my gameplay.  Showing Arcade videos, and sharing all of my .INP's, and people still haven't come close to ANY score despite knowing exactly what I'm doing.
10. Have set high scores on multiple sites.  Twin Galaxies, Retro Uprising, MARP, Donkey Kong Forum, AtariAge
11. Hold the highest score for the one hour mark on Arcade or MAME that was set in the prestigious BOTA tournament.
12. I have no rivals, and am the undisputed best Donkey Kong 3 player of all time.
13. Only person to loop the 256 boards the game has on Arcade Medium settings.
14. Only person to loop the 256 boards the game has on Easy, Medium, and Hard MAME settings

Having said that, will someone come along, and eventually beat a lot of my records.  Oh yeah, records are made to be broken, but I was the one that set the standard.

So yeah, give me another Arcade gamer who has been as open as I have been that's accomplished more.  I laid out my case, and now I'd like to see a case made for another gamer.  I'd love to be corrected.  Also, if you don't like what I'm saying, then by all means beat one of my records.  8)  Who knows maybe I'm doing this to "Riley" up some competition.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:48:36 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards

Oh Lordy
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Another Deep Thoughts by Riley thread.  Your DK3 accomplishments, while legendary, are indeed something to behold.

If I had to pick one game, and one player, to save the very existence of the earth from invaders . . .

Going Hec on T&F

As far as the pure width and breadth of your mastery, George, you make a good case.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Not for long  <stirpot>
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
  ROFL LOL ROFL
Jr. Pac-Man; enough said
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:28:17 am by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards

Tears, mate, tears

Urine actually came out
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I tend to disagree. I personally think the most accomplished arcade gamer is Hadeep. This guy had to sell his wife and his pigs to afford having a computer and a little bit of Internet. And during that time, he was able to conquer the wall-jump world record (held before by another well-accomplished gamer: Allen Staal).

Today, he might not have a wife, nor food to feed his 19 childrens, but he has the wall-jump record. It's all about dedication, and Hadeep proved he has what it takes.

Kappa
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

WCopeland

I agree with everything Vincent is saying right now

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
I agree with everything Vincent is saying right now

He needs to post more often.  Like at least daily I need Vincent posts.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener