Author Topic: Jeff Willms Leech revisited  (Read 22575 times)

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Jeff Willms Leech revisited
« on: July 09, 2017, 02:57:31 pm »
A few years back Jeff Willms highlighted a move on the 5th girder where he back jumped a barrel as it was decending down kongs ladder and then back jumped it again gaining 200 points from an otherwise 100 point scenario. For quite a long time now I have been implimenting it into my games on the long ladders as an opportunistic pointpressing move usually pulling it off if there are no available barrel groups (or if something unsteers) etc.

The other day I tried to do it on the third girder left broken ladder and the second back jump lead me straight off the end of the girder and it wasn't until Dean mentioned in the chat that if I straight jumped the second jump I'd have survived.
That got me thinking about the move Jeff showed on the 5th girder years ago, the biggest problem with it was that it leaves you open to the wild on the second back jump, but utilizing the back jump, straight jump it removes the danger entirely.

! No longer available

This leech is proving to be a powerful move that alot of people could benefit from, It's basically like the top girder double back jump but can be used in grouping combinations and on any long ladder.

A few more exampes..

https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestTrustworthyBubbleteaKevinTurtle

https://clips.twitch.tv/DependableTenuousSushiNotATK

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExpensiveObliviousYakKeepo

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 06:21:21 pm by Adam_Mon »
Member for 9 Years Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Jeff Willms Leech revisited
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 03:28:53 pm »
That Willms jump into WB leech is so sick Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 04:03:59 pm »
This is very cool... I wonder if it could be implemented into regular L05+ grouping safely?  <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn>
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 04:37:04 pm »
This is very cool... I wonder if it could be implemented into regular L05+ grouping safely?  <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn>

Absolutley, off the top of my head you could use it while grouping the 5th girder on lvl 5, we often get that single barrel that won't have a chance of falling into a group so you could turn that 100 into 200.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 04:45:58 pm »
Could add 20k to a full game

How risky is it? That straight jump looks pretty tight
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 05:00:59 pm »
No more difficult than the double back jumps on the top girder (andrew gardikis jumps?) or the top shelf, I died a good bit in the beginning but have it down pretty solid now. I'm at a point where I'll regulalry incorporate it into my barrel boards, a solid place to use it is right at the beginning of a barrel board (2nd girder long ladder) while waiting for the fire to climb and then I'll use it on long ladders in the transistion provided it does not interfere with normal grouping. 5th girder is where it comes in handy though, cash in on those single ungroupable stragglers.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 07:11:35 pm »
I used to use the two back jumps on the long ladders (especially the 2nd girder one) a lot back when I played more. That second jump as a straight jump seems a bit too risky for me in terms of using it the entire game (much like the top girder double leech), but it could be a viable early game strategy. Big starts? Lovit?!  Kreygasm
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 07:33:19 pm »
Could this be combo'd into a double barrel leech somewhere? To get 300 points off the same barrel Kreygasm

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 04:41:57 am »
Could this be combo'd into a double barrel leech somewhere? To get 300 points off the same barrel Kreygasm

Yes, even 3 barrels for 2x500 on lower girders provided they were stacked neatly. steering all 3 though  <mad>

WCopeland

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 11:56:27 am »
I'm probably wrong... but isn't this technique alone more efficient than standard grouping?

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 12:01:51 pm »
I'm probably wrong... but isn't this technique alone more efficient than standard grouping?

I have not done the math, but I certainly hope not, there is an artistry to regular grouping that I would hate to see die out  BibleThump but if its true I blame Jeff Willms and Dean  Kappa

WCopeland

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 12:05:44 pm »
With rejumps factored in it's probably not more efficient, but if one didn't do rejumps on the girder below I have a gut feeling this is more efficient. Would be very curious to see the math

WCopeland

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 12:11:26 pm »
I'm also wondering what a best case, worst case, and avg case with this technique is in terms of a barrel board score. Could a 14k barrel be an avg case? If the barrel average of a game can be pushed to a little over 14k reliably with this technique then a score of 1.3 million is technically possible.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 12:56:49 pm »

Yes, even 3 barrels for 2x500 on lower girders provided they were stacked neatly. steering all 3 though  <mad>

Although what you said would be outrageous Kreygasm I actually meant comboing into a double back jump like what people do on the top girder. AFAIK there's a certain spot on each girder this is possible, not just the top?

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 02:33:51 pm »
Ok I think I understand, is this what you are talking about? two versions,  300 points off one barrel and the other version is the modified leech that uses a second barrel for the third (and forth) hundo.

! No longer available

! No longer available