Author Topic: Any Arcade Record Holders who don't have the machine they hold the record on?  (Read 5255 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I thought this would be interesting.  I was wondering how many Arcade world record holders don't actually have the arcade machine they have the record on?

Well I'll start.  I don't have a Donkey Kong 3 arcade machine.  Haven't had one for two and a half years.  I have a feeling that many world record holders don't actually have the machine they have the record on. 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
DK Remix
 <popcorn>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Verminator

• Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!
    • Awards
The WR holder on fast bullets Berzerk is in prison... pretty sure he doesn't have the machine!  8)
Berzerk (Fast Bullets/No Patterns) = 58,780
Berzerk (Slow Bullets/No Patterns) = 195,000
Frenzy = 1,150,665

Donkey Kong = 249,800
Member for 9 Years

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
The WR holder on fast bullets Berzerk is in prison... pretty sure he doesn't have the machine!  8)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berzerk_(video_game)#High_score_competition
 BibleThump
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline timhett

• Awards
NJ can be a little like prison sometimes.
 <Sanders>
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Haha got em
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
Quote from: Internet
Steve Wagner of the USA

Kreygasm
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Verminator

• Awards

BibleThump

RANDOM PLAY, that is... It's the only way.  8)

I don't acknowledge the pattern play scores.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:33:02 pm by Verminator »
Frenzy = 1,150,665

Donkey Kong = 249,800
Member for 9 Years

Offline timhett

• Awards
Just curious - do you acknowledge perfect Pac Man scores that use patterns?
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
I gots mines! ;)
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards

BibleThump

RANDOM PLAY, that is... It's the only way.  8)

I don't acknowledge the pattern play scores.

How do we know who played a certain way in the 1980's?    We've definitely established the outright falsity of a multitude of golden era players as it is already. 

Now we are assuming not only that a word of mouth score is accurate but also exactly what method was used to achieve it.

Was the machine rebooted for a non random seed prior?  Because that's patterned.  Did they go up or down at any point because they had previous knowledge off a reboot?  That's a pattern....etc.

It's definitely more fun to play with a machine out in thr wild non rebooted, but to look at scores from over 30 years ago with no video evidence and group them into already ambiguous rules is nonsensical and self serving for Joel.  He is fortunate he got that done when he had influence over a one man system.

Ironically Joel also plays patterned seeing as how he skips bad rooms off a reboot.  Just a lot more rooms to memorize.

If you play outrun, you realize off a reboot you get the same seed for car patterns.  Should split those scores out...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:22:20 am by pwnasaurus »
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Verminator

• Awards
OK, fine. I acknowledge the pattern score plays, but TG also has a scoring track for random play and that was the WR I was speaking of.
Frenzy = 1,150,665

Donkey Kong = 249,800
Member for 9 Years

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards