Author Topic: Participation of China, South Korea, and Japan in CAG in the next 10 years?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
For kicks I decided to look at the highest earners in regards to the modern games.  I noticed one thing right off the bat.  China, South Korea, and Japan dominate many, many, many of these games.  There are very popular games where an American doesn't even rank in the top 50.

Wes Copeland has recently stated that the Japanese Donkey Kong community is one that has been growing in recent years.

In the Tetris championships that have been going on for the past 7 years a newcomer to the championships came from Japan.  They said he had a hyper thumb pressing style that only Thor has been able to manage in the U.S.  In his first time out, this man made it to the semi-finals.

Will the people from these countries have a much greater influence on classic gaming?  Only time will tell, but I see it as a good thing.  After all, there are "world records" attached to these games.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

WCopeland

The Japanese Donkey Kong community has about five or six active players at this point, with two kill screeners and one player who has a million points.

The million-point player also owns six Donkey Kong PCBs.  <gasp>

I'll be meeting them all soon for a dinner and arcade trip and I'll post some photos. They all watched the Montreal event, with one even liveblogging the event.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Remind me, Wes, do you speak Japanese? For some reason I thought you knew Japanese or something like that.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer