Author Topic: The Robotron 2084 prediction.  (Read 1800 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
The Robotron 2084 prediction.
« on: April 07, 2017, 12:21:40 pm »
As many know in the game Robotron robots have decided that humans are inefficient, and need to be exterminated.  What I find interesting about this doomsday scenario is that it takes place so far in future.  If you look at almost every other robot doomsday book, movie, or video game, they all have the world being conquered by robots in a much quicker fashion.   Movies like Terminator, A.I., and the Matrix the robots gain control in the early 2000's.
Now looking back at Robotron's doomsday 35 years later it's the one game/movie/book where the date that Robots could take over mankind still looks alarmingly realistic.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: The Robotron 2084 prediction.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 03:26:25 pm »
They got it spot on.  I'm Mikey, saved from the future by going back to the past.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: The Robotron 2084 prediction.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 09:33:54 pm »
I found this read it be interesting and enjoyable: http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer