Author Topic: The Improvement factor of CAG gaming  (Read 2513 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
The Improvement factor of CAG gaming
« on: December 31, 2016, 10:03:32 am »
There is a very under rated aspect of classic gaming.  I feel it is something that separates this hobby/sport from other hobbies/sports.  That is what I call the improvement factor.  What I mean by this is that there are so many classic arcade games that one can work on that a person could be improving on one game or another well into their 80s.
I know I could keep at this hobby/sport for another 30 years, and I will still be able to find a way to better my scores in something.  This is vastly different from other things.  For instance if we are talking about an athletic sport the player's skills start to degenerate, and they simply are not the players they were 20 years ago.
But with classic gaming there is a classic game out there that we can be better at no matter what the age.  So the ability to continue to progress no matter what the age is something that should be cherished.  Just my 2 cents.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: The Improvement factor of CAG gaming
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 02:57:34 pm »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: The Improvement factor of CAG gaming
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:31:51 am »
http://bfy.tw/9Dd2
Yep, esports.  I just included the hobby part to shut up the D bags who think it's a hobby. ;)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener