Author Topic: Donkey Kong Junior Remix  (Read 52065 times)

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Junior Remix
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 09:57:21 am »
Delusional Arcade made a video this morning covering the screenshots of Donkey Kong Junior Remix answering some questions and asking some of his own. He also explains how BOTH our Remix games will be at Zapcon this year!

So very exciting!

Thank you so much for your video!

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=EVqR5wC2wJo
Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 10:01:55 am »
Hey, John.  Do you plan to offer a trainer/pace mode in this kit?  Love it on DK Remix.

There's no plan to create a DK Junior trainer/pace mode at the moment.  I've been so overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done with the DKjr Remix project that I hadn't even considered it yet.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Delusional29

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2017, 11:20:43 am »
Delusional Arcade made a video this morning covering the screenshots of Donkey Kong Junior Remix answering some questions and asking some of his own. He also explains how BOTH our Remix games will be at Zapcon this year!

So very exciting!

http://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=EVqR5wC2wJo

No problem Nina!

I'm sure I'll have many more in the future.  You guys may want to subscribe now so you won't miss them.  Zapcon 5 here I come!

Jason
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:33:52 am by Delusional29 »
Member for 7 Years

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2017, 11:32:47 am »

So very exciting!

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=EVqR5wC2wJo
No problem Nina!

I'm sure I'll have many more in the future.  You guys may want to subscribe now so you won't miss them.  Zapcon 5 here I come!

Jason

Welcome to the forum Jason :)
Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline Delusional29

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2017, 10:45:34 am »
Got some artwork samples from Jason (he is bringing the donor DK Junior machine to Zapcon 5 for the remix kit to be installed).  Enjoy!

Jason
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:47:22 am by Delusional29 »
Member for 7 Years

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2017, 07:41:40 pm »
Well, I guess it's about time to announce that DK Jr Remix will release in a few days.

Anyone who's interested in a kit, please send me an email at donkeykongremix@gmail.com.  Just let me know what country to ship to and I'll work out the rate.

Thanks everyone!
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 02:47:04 pm »
but of course i want and i dont even have a DKJr yet :D
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2017, 04:33:14 am »
PM sent.

Will definitely be fun to see people playing this soon!  Great effort John as always.
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2017, 04:09:24 am »
Oh yes sir! I'm in for some of this!

Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

FrizzleFried

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2017, 07:31:43 pm »
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the proper thread to post tech support/potential bug reports?  I purchased/installed a DKJr kit this afternoon... and I've noticed one behavior I'm curious about...

My Remix "Classic" high score is higher than my regular Remix score... why does the higher Remix "Classic" score always display at top... even when I am playing a regular Remix game?  I figured the high score for each game should display hence I'm reporting this as a potential bug?

Also,  it should be the Remix high score displayed during attract,  not the classic high score IMHO ... being it's the Remix gameplay that is being shown during attract... but again that's just IMHO and not necessarily a bug.

:)

I've only had a chance t play a couple games thus far,  but thus far I've been impressed (as expected really).

:)

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2017, 10:51:32 pm »
It displays whichever score is the overall highest, whether it's from classic or remixed mode at the top of the screen.

Both modes do have their individual high score tables to keep track of which score is highest for each mode.  (The high score table alternates between the two during attract.)

During development it had seemed like an odd choice to have the score on the top keep changing depending on context, especially when it's possible to actually start a two player game with both players players choosing different modes for their game.
In the end it simply came down to choosing this way over the other way.

FrizzleFried

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2017, 06:22:20 am »
Is what it is. Not a "deal breaker" by any stretch,  but a bit confusing.

EDIT: In light of the fact that each player can choose their path (CLASSIC/REMIX) during a 2 player game... is there a way to disable the CLASSIC game by chance?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:07:08 am by FrizzleFried »

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2017, 03:05:48 pm »
In light of the fact that each player can choose their path (CLASSIC/REMIX) during a 2 player game... is there a way to disable the CLASSIC game by chance?

There is no setting to disable the Classic game mode option in Jr Remix.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2017, 06:39:08 am »
I had a blast playing this at Brofest.  Next to Armored Car it was my favorite game in the tourney.   <stirpot> 

Thanks for bringing it to the community.  Awesome job.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2017, 01:02:38 pm »
Brofest was fun.  It was great to see people playing the game for the first time and watch them pick up strategies and improve on their 2nd, 3rd, etc.. times playing.

K.O. last year was great too.  It was different because it was often casual players walking up to the cabinet and trying it out for the first time.  I tried to keep what people liked about DK Remix, where they might have difficulty, etc.. in mind when making DK Jr Remix.  It'll be interesting to see reactions from casual players at some point.