Author Topic: Classic Arcade Romset?  (Read 5490 times)

Zmick_tricK

Classic Arcade Romset?
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:16:07 am »
I don't expect to find a romset with every MAME game packed into one- it would be completely unmanageable and I wouldn't want most of the games anyway. It would be nice, however, if I could find something like a top 100 80's arcade games all packed into one zip to make my life easier, rather than downloading everything one by one.

Do you know of any such romset?

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Classic Arcade Romset?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:26:59 pm »
I am interested in this as well
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 04:04:40 pm »
hightail.com is free, with a 250MB file size limit.  You would have to split it into (3) zip files, if that is feasible.  If not, then hopefully somebody has a better suggestion.
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 05:25:01 am »
I've had this collection installed on my PC for years.  SanTe put in some work, and it shows.

Zmick_tricK

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 02:03:38 pm »
Someone else tipped me off (I think it was Aaron Truitt, but I can't quite remember) that mame4all had a full romset floating around on the net and since the retropie has mame4all among it's emu cores, I decided to give that download. Yeah, I said I didn't want ALL the available roms for MAME, but now that I think of it, it's probably easier to just get the whole set instead of trying to come up with a list of games I want then continue to add more every single time I want to try a new game.

I was actually under the impression that a full romset for MAME would be much more difficult to find and manage than that of any console, but it turns out that the set isn't as big as I thought it would be. I'll see how it goes when I'm finished loading it to the pi.

Now, that 106 romset should be very handy, too. I downloaded it as well and will probably unzip it for use on my PC. Thanks for making that available.

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 07:56:22 pm »
There is a comparability chart for mame4all and that 037b5 romset floating around somewhere on a GitHub for RetroPie. If I can find it, I'll post it. It was incomplete and I had been working on my own as well. If I find that I'll send it over as well.
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer