Author Topic: retirement  (Read 20947 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: retirement
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 06:04:04 am »
I like the idea of adding a bonus to early score submissions.  I wonder if there is a way to reward submitting good scores early rather than someone just submitting a place holder for the team points and sandbagging later on.  For example, some sort of a multiplier for however long that score stands as a first place score, etc.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2016, 10:01:03 am »
True Steve. Once "Everyone" submits you get "bonus" points based on score positions. That encourages people to just not put up a one and done but if you do where the score actually sits generates points. IT can't be too much otherwise it defeats the purpose of a tournament. Without some type of handicapping system though it always ends up pretty much the same. Kinda like all of us trying to run against Usain Bolt in the 100M. If at some point you dont give people a 50M head start they aren't going to bother anymore. :)

DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Wolf is Back in contests lit
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2017, 05:47:49 pm »
The creator of great contests such as yolympics and igby is returning to contest hosting lit.
My newest contest will be announced some time this week 
 It will be a return of IGBY but with an exciting twist. Which will hopefully alllow games not normally selected for IGBY a time to shine. Please understand.

barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2017, 05:59:59 pm »
Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

One piece of advice; openly discuss your ideas

:)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer