Author Topic: Pandora's Palace Discussion  (Read 8180 times)

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Pandora's Palace Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 05:37:33 pm »
In my opinion 5-man would detract from the game.  There's an extra life built into every loop, after all, and 5-man settings would dictate never going for it.  That seems a bit arbitrary to me, and forced.

I'd prefer changing the extra lives settings to only award a single extra life at 20K or 30K and sidestep having to watch every inp for exactly 5 deaths.

We already have one pain-in-the-ass-to-adjudicate game with Vs SMB, I don't think we need another.  Also, I don't feel like everybody and their momma is going to be marathoning PP -- it's a tricky game that can eat fistfuls of lives at a time.

Offline kalel

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 07:24:42 pm »
that was a very good point   ross. ok i agree with ross !
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 06:06:16 pm »
After playing for a week or so, FWIW, I say keep the default, 5-man settings.  I'm finding the extra life on the level w/ the moving platform to be much easier to get if you slide down the pillar with one foot on the moving platform, and one hanging off the right, then jumping when it reaches the far right of its movement.  Those of us who don't care for beatemups or suck at puzzles might just grind this one to oblivion if need be.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer