Author Topic: Nintendo Creators Program  (Read 2787 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Nintendo Creators Program
« on: April 15, 2016, 06:29:15 pm »
While checking out Darbian's amazing Super Mario Bros. run on Youtube I noticed that he mentioned how he is part of Nintendo Creators Program.  So far I still haven't "Sold Out", and put ads on any of my video game videos, but I am not the richest person on earth, and so an extra $100 or so every five years may come in handy. 

So I was wondering what your experiences have been with this program for anyone that actually has participated?

P.S. "Sold Out", only applies to me in this terminology.  Anyone who chooses to use the program, I say more power to you. :)

Edit: Never mind.  I just noticed that Nintendo doesn't list any Arcade games in their creator program.  Wow, I guess Nintendo really wants to forget their arcade history.  I knew they didn't port their games to the Wii, but this is different.

https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/whitelist/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:36:20 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
Re: Nintendo Creators Program
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 06:48:21 pm »
This "Nintendo Creator's Program" is actually something that pissed off many content creators (including myself) a few years ago.  The essense of the program is that you cannot monetize nintendo games under the youtube partner program.  You sign up for this "program" to directly send part of your hard earned youtube income to nintendo to pay royalties.  At the time (2012) when this happened, I had been notified by nintendo to sign up this program to send them their blood money, but I never did it.  I continue to recieve checks every so often for playing those Nintendo games, have never gotten a complaint from them.

TL;DR: Just get partnered normally through youtube, dont fall for the trap.
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Nintendo Creators Program
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:51:50 pm »
This "Nintendo Creator's Program" is actually something that pissed off many content creators (including myself) a few years ago.  The essense of the program is that you cannot monetize nintendo games under the youtube partner program.  You sign up for this "program" to directly send part of your hard earned youtube income to nintendo to pay royalties.  At the time (2012) when this happened, I had been notified by nintendo to sign up this program to send them their blood money, but I never did it.  I continue to recieve checks every so often for playing those Nintendo games, have never gotten a complaint from them.

TL;DR: Just get partnered normally through youtube, dont fall for the trap.
I'm partnered, and actually have ads on some of my videos, but those videos are all on things NOT of my video game play.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener