Author Topic: New Kong Off 5 Qualification Details, New Online Qualifier Announcement  (Read 8686 times)

WCopeland

Hi everyone,

Robbie and I have been coordinating with Richie to figure out what exactly is going on with KO5 for qualification. We have news about number of available cabs, who is currently qualified, and how more players can qualify.

The arcade top 12 rule is unchanged. If you are in the arcade top 12, you are automatically given a dedicated cabinet at Kong Off 5. Here is the current DK arcade top 12:

After that, Richie has said there will be up to six wildcard cabinets. This count is not guaranteed, but four is probably a safe count. In other words, there are four slots available with maybe another two up for grabs.

The wildcard cabs will be split into two categories: (2-4) DKO cabs and (2) KO5 wildcard qualifier cabs.

Current DKO Qualifiers
#1: Tim Sczerby - 1,076,700
#2: Mick Winzeler - 1,035,400
#3 (maybe): Dan Desjardins - 1,017,100
#4 (maybe): Chris Gleed - 970,200

Current KO5 Wildcard Qualifiers
#1: ?
#2: ?

The KO5 Wildcard Qualifier tournament will be a three-day online weekend event in late April. A more formal announcement will be coming shortly, but it will follow generally the same rules and procedures as a DKO. There will be no prize money. The only prizes will be guaranteed wildcard cabs.

If there are any questions about this news, please let me know. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:42:56 pm by WCopeland »

Offline HugDD

• Awards

This is great Wes, way to get the ball rolling for the Kong Off 5 this year!  So many great achievements recently, and lots of anticipation for what's to come.  I'm looking forward to following this event and hope to make it out to KO5 this year, we'll see! -Duc
My best streamed Centipede game https://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/v/51955812 -786k

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world...While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here - Jessica Chastain
Member for 8 Years

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
Cool deal. Thanks for the info.
Member for 9 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
Very good info, thanks for the updates.
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I am so hoping Tim qualifies for the event.  I know the odds of him accepting the opportunity are slim, but I still want to see him qualify. That would be. Kreygasm
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
thanks for the kong off update.
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
the KO5 wild card qualifier Event is going to be exciting :)
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

WCopeland

KO5: July 1st will be the deadline to break into the arcade top 12.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 07:44:37 pm »
July 1st will be the deadline to break into the arcade top 12. Beginning on July 1st, the arcade top 12 cabinets will be locked unless one of those players decides not to attend.

The current arcade top 12 stands as: