Author Topic: Billy Mitchell "Direct Feed" Tapes  (Read 14707 times)

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
Billy Mitchell "Direct Feed" Tapes
« on: January 07, 2016, 05:47:00 pm »
This is the 1,050,200 tape that was done live in Florida shortly after the king of kong was released.  This copy was released by Dwayne Richard, but I combined all the parts and rotated the video for easier viewing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZKEGZpggI

This is the 1,047,200 tape that was shown at funspot during Wiebe's appearance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYtJzRcvOzk
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:58:41 pm by tilt »
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
Re: Billy Mitchell 1,050,200 Direct Feed Tape
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:21 pm »
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
PB(s):
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 07:12:24 am »
Pretty impressive 131K start and techniques used given the time period. Jeremy should do a level/pace chart on this one.

Only "interesting" thing is there is 1 credit in the game then started, and there's still 1 credit at the end when he puts his initials. Sure he could have added an extra quarter before the end.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 09:48:58 am »
Dwayne said he's gonna register here tonight and will answer any questions you all have about the tapes. He said he's seen more too.

Hec
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 05:43:14 pm »
Dwayne said he's gonna register here tonight and will answer any questions you all have about the tapes. He said he's seen more too.

Hec

Kreygasm <popcorn>
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 09:58:05 pm »
Only "interesting" thing is there is 1 credit in the game then started, and there's still 1 credit at the end when he puts his initials. Sure he could have added an extra quarter before the end.

I'd say that's awfully interesting! I don't see why this would be... Maybe Allen can ask Billy on the next Skype call stream  <Allen> <Billy> <popcorn>
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 06:42:57 am »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
Re: Billy Mitchell "Direct Feed" Tapes
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 06:59:34 pm »
The "Funspot Tape" has been added to the original post and the title has been changed to reflect these changes.
PB(s):

Offline RTM

• Awards
Re: Billy Mitchell "Direct Feed" Tapes
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 10:43:47 pm »
The 1.047M tape is one of those performances that as a former referee for TG annoyed the bejesus out of me.

Validity-issue aside, this was one of two showboating performances that Bill turned in.

-> He intentionally got to an elevator stage so as to get all zeroes at once
-> He then dumped points so that by the end his final score was exactly 100K more than Steve's original TG submission (albeit on Double DK)

By my calculation, based on how many points he intentionally dumped, this one had a potential 1.123-1.127M outcome which would have been a WR at the time. Instead he showboated and for sake of appearance alone sent this tape to Funspot to "coincidentally" be shown the very event that Steve attended for the first time. One word...ORCHESTRATED.

The other showboating performance, and I cannot remember where it was done, also involved Bill dumping a great game in progress. He walked away from a game above 1.03M with over an entire level to go and extra lives in reserve. Bill will give a media quote explaining this as his just "being Bill Mitchell". One word...ORCHESTRATED.

Make of that what you will.

Member for 8 Years