Author Topic: Lets help the gamers in need this holiday season.  (Read 11461 times)

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Lets help the gamers in need this holiday season.
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:32:09 am »
Around this time in 2013 George Riley was in pretty serious danger of becoming homeless and thanks to the DK community he was able to make it thru and even found a new career even if he hates it!

This year fellow gamer Jimmy Linderman is in very serious financial trouble and has had some medical difficulties (I dont know Jimmy very well and dont know all the details but he is not doing well)
Josh Jones passed away recently and his family is left with a lot of debt. Again, I didnt know Josh very well but he is part of our family none the less.
I just found out that Joel west is in rough financial shape to so this is gonna be a three way split.

All that said I'm going to do basically what I did for George.

I'll donate $10 bucks for an hour of Mappy/Dig Dug/Gravitar/Zookeeper/MrDo/Berzerk/Frenzy streamed (capped at $300 on my end but no limit on what can be donated obviously) if the streamer will donate $5.

I'll let the gamer pic where there part goes and I'll decide how to split my part when its all said and done to try and spread it evenly.

We can use my paypal account to store the money until there is enough to pay out. It's Paypal@athometech.com (make sure and send it gift so we dont have to eat the fees)

Every penny will be accounted for and given to the cause(s) specified.

Lets do what we can to help these people out this holiday season.
-Ken

Post a link in here to the highlight of your stream so I can keep track of who did what.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:00:59 pm by Scoundrl »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
Re: Lets help the gamers in need this holiday season.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:15:42 pm »
Sounds great Ken I will do it. My time is going to be limited here shortly but after the holidays I will have a lot more! I'm posting the link as well.

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:51:45 pm »
How about some good games this time? Kappa

All jokes aside this is a great cause and ill fire it up this coming Monday.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 02:13:18 pm »
wow good job sir.. luv ya ken .no homeo..
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

SuperSupreme

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 05:15:48 pm »
Just to let you guys know, I'm NOWHERE near these guys on DK!!!

Ken, I don't know if you know what has happened to me, but I'll give you a brief story:

On Memorial Day this year I went for a walk and came back fine. 2 days later my right foot started hurting. I also noticed my Big Right toe was bleeding. I tried to let it heal on its own and after a month, my foot was still hurting so I finally went to the hospital and found out the toe was infected...to the point where it had to be cut off. In November, when I was recovering nicely, I had a setback...and more...My right foot was in pain, (even more than the first time) to the point that I could barely walk. On Monday Nov 9th, I changed the bandage on my foot and noticed the 4th toe was "Blacker than black". I probably foolishly worked that week and again went to the hospital, and ended up getting the 2 right end toes cut off.

Right now, I thought I was actually healing, but the infectious disease doctor believes that I have an infection in the wound(ANOTHER SETBACK). I wanted to go back to work THIS PAST Monday and he told me NOT to go.

At this point, I don't know when I be able to go back to work.

This is why I'm looking for anyone out there who can help me out with food and money. Anything will be greatly appreciated. This is because I'm going to be spending at least $100 over the next 2 weeks with paying for my health insurance, travel to my doctors appointments and paying the co-payments for my meds. That would leave me with UNDER $100 left and once my money AND food run out, then it's "Tuff ****" according to my roommate AND HIS MOTHER, who wants to "Stick her nose where it don't belong"....which, unless I start work again, I may decide to declare myself HOMELESS.

This is ALSO because since my roommate is getting "all the benefits" and I pay HIM the rent, if I report that to the HRA or whatever organization, this would affect him, so I'm prevented from applying for any of this.

I (under normal circumstances) would NEVER ask for this kind of help. So ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you DK community for your understanding

Thanks, Ken for the shout out for me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:17:43 pm by SuperSupreme »

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 06:27:49 pm »
Great idea!  I will match what Ken puts in.

Welcome to DKF, Jimmy!
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

SuperSupreme

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 06:33:26 pm »
Great idea!  I will match what Ken puts in.

Welcome to DKF, Jimmy!

Thanks, Jeff!!!

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 07:07:14 pm »
Thnaks for letting us know whats going on Jimmy.

So with Jeffs match its basically $25 to help our fellow gamers for one hour of playing something fun..

I suggest you post in the shoutbox or facebook before you play so we can all have a little fun!

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 08:47:09 pm »
i grabbed all the roms...ill put in some time this weekend <3
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 12:14:22 pm »
Ok well damn looks like I won't wait. I'll try and play some zookeeper tonight for sure unless the wife isn't feeling better. You can watch me stink :D - I'm never gonna get a 4 million point jump again my scores seem to hover around 400k total.  <Kuh>
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Kibbey93

• Nibblayyyyyy.
    • Twitch.tv
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 04:31:28 pm »
Gonna be firing up my stream in 2.5 hours for this. Probs gonna stream for 4 or so hours.
DK Masters - Rank D Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 07:26:29 am »
I'll be streaming in the next 20-30 minutes for this.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 09:15:03 am »
Post a link in here to the highlight of your stream so I can keep track of who did what.

http://www.twitch.tv/xelnia_games/v/30943591

One hour, played Mr. Do!, Berzerk, and Frenzy.

Accidentally left my audio offset on from a previous Final Fantasy stream.  FailFish
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

SuperSupreme

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 11:09:57 am »
Can you please tell me how things are going so far?

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 04:07:15 pm »
played for an hour today

http://www.twitch.tv/ptudose/v/31007364

ill donate $30 to split between the 3
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder