Author Topic: Track & Field Stuffs  (Read 48818 times)

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2019, 12:12:42 pm »
Ok, so I had a few people over the years tell me to go to Speedrun.com and go for the NES Track & Field Record. Yesterday took the 10+ years of dust off my cartridge and did just that.  looked through a few of the existing videos and didn't see any hand cams. So you know what I did? A hand cam, of course! I Played about 30 minutes and beat the WR 2X. Once within my first couple of tries and once more about 25 minutes into my stream.  Silly kids trying to compete with the Button Mashter.  Kappa

https://www.speedrun.com/Track_and_Field

Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2019, 12:50:48 am »
Well I'm a sucker. First I bought this laggy ass PS4 Arcade Archives Track & Field. Then as I log on to my PS4 to delete what I call the worst version ever, I see that it has a 5 minute Caravan mode with a global leader board. Nope....I'm here to delete this POS! But Caravan mode....Leader Board...T&F....I just had to! Total Sucker!!

At least I feel like I got $7.99 worth of torture going for the top spot. Yes it was painful, but now I say it was worth it. Took about a dozen tries and I got the top spot.

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2019, 06:44:22 am »
THE BUTTON MASHTER
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2020, 09:07:41 pm »
More T&F related things. First up is Hyper Sports on Arcade Archives PS4. I'm currently in 3rd on 5 minute Caravan mode. I missed 2nd by less than 1/2 a second. The game ended as it was measuring a damn good triple Jump that woulda put me in the #2 spot.

So since I was pissed off about it I went and did this.

I recently got the Nintendo Switch. My lame ass got the same game again(T&F Arcade Archives). Took me 2 attempts to grab this one on Caravan Mode.

Hey, look! They also have Excitebike! This was hard, but I got it. And it's T&F related cuz I did it. Suck on that!

Another 5 Minute Caravan top spot for me.

Star Girls Burlesque Chewbaca (Who? Youtube is your friend) approves. T&F related cuz my shirt.

Fly

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2020, 11:06:00 am »
You got the Excitebike top spot? I watched a bunch of the runs. I assume you "just" ended up getting a clean run finally with a bunch of wrecks?

The TG images render as 1px by 1px and I don't know what they are.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:08:01 am by dnickolas »
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2020, 12:33:00 pm »
You got the Excitebike top spot? I watched a bunch of the runs. I assume you "just" ended up getting a clean run finally with a bunch of wrecks?

The TG images render as 1px by 1px and I don't know what they are.
[/quote

Yeah, fairly clean Excitebike run. Either 1 or no crashes. And good times on all the races so I had about a minute left for final race. Got 78,935. I gave up on it. Tweeted about being defeated and knowing when to quit. I was at it again the next day. LOL!

Sux about the TG pics. They look good on my side. I use TG to host my pics since Photobucket wants $$ now. FK them. I'll see if I can attach them instead.

Hec

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2020, 02:49:25 am »
This is what happens when you step on my turf. I get a bit territorial and will bite.

So here I was beaten 2 days ago. I had 7:06.70 and Andrew G got 7:06.016. I fired it up and got 7:02.910.

https://www.speedrun.com/track_and_field#Single_Player

Then this guy got a small 100 point lead on my on the Switch version for a day.

The tweet says it all if you care to see it. But even if you don't....you know what happened.  ;D

https://twitter.com/FlyHec/status/1240882441390178305?s=20

Hec

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2020, 08:45:41 pm »
So I was curious about the scores on Hyper Sports Rearranged. I didn't know if it rolled at a million or if it showed the digit and kept going. It took me about a dozen tries to find out. No small task. The 400m event is a forearm kill after 1 loop and I still felt it when I got to it on loop 2. So you can imagine how I felt when I got to loop 4 each time. And I needed to get to loop 5 for the mil. That takes about 90 minutes and I got 992k and 993k before I cracked the mil. Not on the same day. Fk that noise!

Well, here it is. The 1st mil on Rearranged  8)

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2020, 08:52:53 pm »
I did an interview for Rolling Stone/ Glixel about Track & Field. They put together a cool little story about the Konami competition from BITD.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/how-konamis-track-field-launched-worlds-biggest-game-tournament-103592/

http://bit.ly/2btOJDy

Hec

Hey Hec,

I updated the link in this old post since the old link is dead. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/how-konamis-track-field-launched-worlds-biggest-game-tournament-103592/

Fly

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2020, 07:41:56 am »
RAKA TATA! This is what happens when you mix FlyHec tech and Tetris. He's new to it. Can't wait to see him master it! Beyond 18Hz was unheard of before. He goes 24Hz+ and said him and others have done 30Hz!

So what he came up with is a tech where he does the 4 finger roll on the BOTTOM of the controller with his thumb locked in position on the TOP on either left or right.  :o

Crazy cool stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/cheez_fish/clip/EphemeralScaryStrawberryHassaanChop

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:47:51 am by Fly »

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2020, 08:45:13 am »
RAKA TATA! This is what happens when you mix FlyHec tech and Tetris. He's new to it. Can't wait to see him master it! Beyond 18Hz was unheard of before. He goes 24Hz+ and said him and others have done 30Hz!

So what he came up with is a tech where he does the 4 finger roll on the BOTTOM of the controller with his thumb locked in position on the TOP on either left or right.  :o

Crazy cool stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/cheez_fish/clip/EphemeralScaryStrawberryHassaanChop

<gasp> <gasp> <gasp> <gasp> <gasp> <gasp> <gasp> <gasp> <gasp> <gasp>
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2021, 06:59:54 pm »
I am the Commander of the Click!  Kreygasm

The Button Mashter!  <thefinger>

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field & other Fly Stuffs
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2021, 02:49:08 pm »
So I recently have been playing a sht ton of Carvan Modes on Arcade Archives games on the Switch and PS4. About a year ago I got 1st place on Vs Excitebike on the Switch. It was a real B**** to get the score I got. Fast forward a bit and Andrew G. grinds it out for 20-30 hours and beats me. I did the same in return and got 1st again.

Here's a game where I fell 25 points short of his score.

All I got was a clip of the last 30 seconds of the new 1st place score on my Twitter. https://twitter.com/FlyHec/status/1361154816752246790?s=20

I also started playing some Time Pilot again. I already have 1st on the Switch so I got it on PS4 now. My 1st would be like 5th on PS4!  <gasp> Fly don't play that. So session 1 I get 216k which is good for 3rd and easily passes my Switch score. Then I catch wind of there being a speedrun category at SR. So I switch gears and go for that. 1 paractice session and 1 recording session and BAM! New SR record. 3:53, beating a 3:59.

Now back to Caravan. Got a new PB but no 1st yet. 2nd........for now!

Trying to hammer out my "King of Konami" and "Player of the Centuri" titles.

Yes, I gave those titles to myself. But if you want them.....BEAT ME!

Fly

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2021, 06:23:50 pm »
Great scores.  I am more all over the place with my scores.  Completely suck at Caravan. Can't even get 1st place on Donkey Kong 3 in Caravan mode.  ROFL
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2021, 06:34:55 pm »
Great scores.  I am more all over the place with my scores.  Completely suck at Caravan. Can't even get 1st place on Donkey Kong 3 in Caravan mode.  ROFL

Really? Are you at least close to first? Now I'm going to have to try it.

Fly