Author Topic: Track & Field Stuffs  (Read 48808 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 04:35:13 pm »
:D
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 05:47:39 pm »
There's some analysis out there, maybe by GStrain, about MAME only being able to register a certain number of button presses per frame, and it makes T&F, and Hyper Sports harder.  As for the hammer throw, thank god it's not just me.  I can never get the f'ing thing to work on MAME worth a damn.  The response time just doesn't seem to be there.  Archery on HS seems to be just off, too.  On a cab, I can get the apples every time.  Not on MAME.  If you're having issues, imagine how the rest of us feel  FailFish

T&F on MAME? I messed with the idea since I got mame set up for the Oi-Lympics. But so far it's been nothing but frustration. I long jump WAY after the jump line. I foul on the Javelin. I have no clue on the timing on Hammer throw, other than hitting the throw button sometime yesterday for a throw today.

Hec
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 10:33:33 am »
Still looking for the answers to 9.72+ Long Jumps.  <thefinger>

Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Boognish

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 10:53:54 am »

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 08:21:13 pm »
Juiced ROMs  Kappa

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 12:13:51 am »
Hey, Hector, could I get a list of your personal bests for the events in Hyper Sports? I have a lot of friends getting into the game big-time at Up Down, and I'd like to know both for my own sake as well as for them what the sort of "top tier" marks are for the events. Thanks!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 07:01:42 pm »
Hey, Hector, could I get a list of your personal bests for the events in Hyper Sports? I have a lot of friends getting into the game big-time at Up Down, and I'd like to know both for my own sake as well as for them what the sort of "top tier" marks are for the events. Thanks!

Some of these are approximates. Cant remember all of them off the top of my head.

Swimming 43.75 with no breath trick and 45.25ish without.

Skeet 21,200. here's a 20,200 clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw_PC_BfYJo

9.65 Long Horse. 9.60 on 1st round. Run up is faster which yields longer, higher jumps for more spins on later rounds.

4600 Archery like a million times.  <mad> I've done a non perfect 1st shot followed by 7 perfects on one round followed by 7 perfects and a non perfect on next rd. So 14 perfects in a row. I have yet to get all 8 in one try.  <mad>

Triple Jump 19.39. That's like the 9.72 LJ on T&F but a bit harder to get.

Weight Lifting 540kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDzyaJoDPU

Pole Vault 5.94. I've also had 10 moles in a row a few times.

170k 1st loop a few times but 140-150k 1st loop is still an excellent score to start off with.

Here's a 150k round with 8 moles in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEOldxnXehM

Hec

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2017, 06:21:43 pm »
I used to play 4-man marathons when I was 13-14, at Aladdin's Castle.  Didn't archery have apples after you get perfect 600s on the bullseyes?  I can't do it anymore, I've tried 500 times.  540kg on weightlifting is ridiculous.  I've also topped out at 5.94 on the pole vault, but I've never had a sub-48 swimming.  I'd never heard of the 6 or 8 finger technique, so I either did 2 fingers on each button, or I also had a thing where I could just make my hands into the shape of a karate chop and just shake like I was having a seizure.  Great times, and a great game to play for a few hours with 3 other players.

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 06:43:32 pm »
I used to play 4-man marathons when I was 13-14, at Aladdin's Castle.  Didn't archery have apples after you get perfect 600s on the bullseyes?  I can't do it anymore, I've tried 500 times.  540kg on weightlifting is ridiculous.  I've also topped out at 5.94 on the pole vault, but I've never had a sub-48 swimming.  I'd never heard of the 6 or 8 finger technique, so I either did 2 fingers on each button, or I also had a thing where I could just make my hands into the shape of a karate chop and just shake like I was having a seizure.  Great times, and a great game to play for a few hours with 3 other players.

I've only heard of the apples and have never gotten them. I did see a couple different machines with 11k and 13k on Archery. Also saw some with 21,800 Skeet which is probably from hitting 2 targets in the same box/one shot for 500 pts instead of the normal 100 each shot.  And that 540kg on lifting is on TG Arcade settings which are harder than the settings on MAME. I think I did 590 or 600kg on MAME.

6-8 finger doesn't work well on HS so I use a 2 finger tap on each button. Good for over 30 per second.

Much, much better game than T&F. Going for score can be frustrating though, since timing is so crucial to big big scores. One mistake and you either lose huge pts or even game over.

Hec

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 12:36:46 pm »
6-8 finger doesn't work well on HS so I use a 2 finger tap on each button. Good for over 30 per second.

So I've finally started playing this a bit and I've noticed that not all mashing techs are equal. Any idea what techs work the best on which events? It just seems inconsistent between them. Do you use the wobble on any of the events?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 05:34:50 pm »

So I've finally started playing this a bit and I've noticed that not all mashing techs are equal. Any idea what techs work the best on which events? It just seems inconsistent between them. Do you use the wobble on any of the events?

No wobble from me. Have always used double tap on both buttons. Closest thing to wobble is my PV technique. Same as HJ on T&F. double tap on one button and thumb on the other. LOOKS like wobble but it isn't.

Hec

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Score Wars Stuffs
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 04:04:15 am »
A little more T&F. I'll be attempting to break the 1 man continuous loops score(about 5.1 mil)and the Marathon score(29.9 mil) at Meow Wolf. Feel free to raise the bar before then if you wanna be a dick.  Kappa

If I get put near Robotron I'll probably be distracted since I would really like to see Abdner play again. GOOD STUFF! As much as I would like to see him play if I am near the other stuff I will probably do better. The other stuff bores me. Galaga is cool too.  8)

http://scorewars.com/

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 01:56:28 pm »
Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 01:21:43 pm »
Gonna put this here again since Photobucket wants $$$ to show the old pics now.

Real money($xxx. Not sure how much to offer) if you can figure out how to make anything better than 9.72 happen. No cheating or hacks. Say how it's done. Find a way to do it/repeat it. or have someone else be able to repeat /do it. I dont care. I just wanna know. I did it just once in probably over 10,000 tries.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:36:41 pm by Fly »

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs, 1 Man WR during practice vid
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 10:53:45 am »
My dumb ass failed 3-4 times cuz I was trying to do 5.151 mil in 6 hours instead of just cruising at 6.5 hour pace. Easy as pie. Hopefully I can do it again at Meow Wolf and continue on to beat my 29.9 mil marathon game in the same game. We'll see.

http://youtu.be/7We8AUOA040

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/226014619