Author Topic: Robotron and Xbox 360 controller  (Read 6871 times)

Hamster

Robotron and Xbox 360 controller
« on: October 16, 2015, 05:04:54 pm »
I have an Xbox 360 controller and been playing Robotron on MAME with it . I use the D-pad for moving , and the right stick for firing . It seems to work pretty good .

Anyone else have success using this controller for Robotron and setting some high scores ?

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Robotron and Xbox 360 controller
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 05:16:22 pm »
Yes
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Hamster

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 08:27:49 pm »
Yes

Kick Ass !

If Fly says its a decent controller to use thats means a lot .

Robotron was the one classic game I could never find another good controller for , besides the original two 8-way sticks .

I've been playing on 1500points modified robotron mame version with a Xbox 360 controller and if feels close to the real thing.

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 01:53:44 am »
Hello Hector

Is it possible to play track & field on mame with a Xbox controller (much like the xbox-ported version)? My wireless apple keyboard cant really take the input fast enough to play on mame but I am close to be able to marathon the thing forever on the Xbox :)

Also - what an amazing accomplishment you made on setting a new WR on the game after all those years!
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 07:13:07 pm »
Hello Hector

Is it possible to play track & field on mame with a Xbox controller (much like the xbox-ported version)? My wireless apple keyboard cant really take the input fast enough to play on mame but I am close to be able to marathon the thing forever on the Xbox :)

Also - what an amazing accomplishment you made on setting a new WR on the game after all those years!

I dont mame so i dont know. But i dont see why not. I did do 2.53 hj on xbox live arcade with the 360 controller  in the one time i played it. So if that translates to anything,  then yes.

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Hamster

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 08:32:24 pm »
Hello Hector

I dont mame so i dont know. But i dont see why not. I did do 2.53 hj on xbox live arcade with the 360 controller  in the one time i played it. So if that translates to anything,  then yes.

Hec

You only play on dedicated originals ? No Mame at all ?

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 12:28:43 am »

Offline CaptainJivePants

• Teter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 08:24:21 am »
I've really liked my 360 controller for Mame for a lot of the last few tournament games. It still takes some configuring for a decent racing experience, and I still think mouse is better for paddles. However, it does work pretty well for two joystick games like Robotron or Smash TV. Fair warning: I still sucked at Smash TV because it's still Smash TV.
DK Jr. - 818,900 (KS)
DK Jr. best first life - 714,700 (19-4)
APB - 215,074
Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:24 am »
Hello Hector

Hec

Glad to hear that 2.53 are also possible on Xbox :) Still have trouble getting even near that though :)
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer