Author Topic: I want to thank the DK forum.  (Read 6927 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I want to thank the DK forum.
« on: August 15, 2015, 04:22:12 pm »
A year, and a half ago I was in a really bad bind.  I really thought I was going to be homeless.  I had exhausted every avenue I thought of.
I sold off my 99 percent of all of what I collected over the years.  My album collection gone, sports card collection gone, Amazing Spiderman collection gone.
 I even went through my retirement savings from the six years as a Substitute teacher.
So as a desperate last resort I asked on my Facebook page for donations.  I did it not expecting anything.  I thought I would be lucky to get $20.
But something funny happened, you guys came to my rescue.  In all I received $1250.  All of which came from the Donkey Kong Forum.
What did I do with the money? I spent it on that months rent, and with the extra I decided to travel back, and forth to Truck Driving school.
To be honest I sucked as a truck driver in the beggining, and I had my ups, and downs with this career.
But having said that, I feel I finally made good on that help.
I did eventually move out, and just rent a room.  But having said that I now have paid rent plus utilities until the end of the year.
I also now have over $4,000 in the bank.  So I am finally not in danger if being homeless anytime soon.
I don't know if I would be in the same position without your help.
Why did I take so long with this thank you post?Because simply I wanted a happy ending, and I finally after all this time have one to give.
So from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Edit: In my own way I have a fun way of paying it forward in the coming year if things continue to go well.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:34:19 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: I want to thank the DK forum.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »
You're welcome George. I'm glad it worked out in the end.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 05:46:45 pm »
thats fantastic news, george! im sincerely happy for you :)
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 06:44:56 pm »
Go get 'em George!  This accomplishment is way better than anything you could do on DK3.  We're proud of you!
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 09:04:49 pm »
:) Glad you're doing well sir, I hope you continue the upward climb.  <YSG>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 09:53:51 pm »
Awesome to hear George. Glad things are working out :)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 09:57:03 pm »
That's great news, George.  I hope everything continues to go well for you.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 11:16:52 pm »
So happy for you George! I hope it keeps on getting better.  Kreygasm

Keep your head down and do what needs to be done and I'm sure sailing will continue to be even smoother than it has been in the past.  :)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 11:34:05 pm »
Things were bad for you George, I remember it well.

Great to hear you are in a good place again and good luck for the future.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 09:51:13 pm »

But something funny happened, you guys came to my rescue.  In all I received $1250.  All of which came from the Donkey Kong Forum.

I got a message from John Lexmark on KLOV, he wanted to point out he made a significant contribution to the save George fund ($150) and he is not a member of DFK. So most of the money came from DKF but not all, some of the money came from the CAG community at large. At any rate, we are all glad everything worked out in the end.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 11:55:40 am »
It's great to hear things are improved, George. May they continue that way!
Member for 11 Years Blogger