Author Topic: Help me DK Forum community. You're my only hope  (Read 11477 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Help me DK Forum community. You're my only hope
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 11:05:49 pm »
Got em

I had the same problem as Jason...the J-Stiks do not just pop into place as they may have in the past. The J-Stik mounting plate is more rectangular than the X-Arcade stock sticks. My initial plan was to create some more room by sanding the edges with a drill and sanding drum, but the drums I had on hand were pretty cheap and didn't really work. Then I started sanding by hand.  <mad> Then I just chiseled out the remaining 1 or 2 mm of space I needed and then did some light hand sanding to smooth out the rough edges. Much faster and easier.  :)

Since the X-Arcade mounting bolts are too big for the J-Stik I bought new bolts, washers, and nuts for about $2 total. The spacing for the holes was the same so there was no need to drill new holes or alter the existing holes.

All-in-all, this can be done for less than $10 and probably an 1.5 - 2 hours max.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Help me DK Forum community. You're my only hope
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 11:28:32 pm »
Just get a cheap 360 joystick and replace whatever is in there with an LS32-02. It has a 3 type restrictor you can can just unscrew and move for 2,4,8-way use. I find the LS32 to be more responsive than the JLF with a slightly shorter throw.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member