Author Topic: IGBY 2  (Read 19375 times)

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
IGBY 2
« on: June 06, 2015, 03:32:21 pm »
Internet Gaming Bash of the Year 2

The return of IGBY is coming in July. Players can sign up for the contest at http://www.tournament.vg/#/event/igby2/main and pick what team they wish to play for. Who will win this time?  Will it be DKF again or one of the newcomer teams such as MARP or TG?

1. - Selected games will be played for the entire five week period July 1st to August 5th

2. - Minimum of 20 games. Each team will choose the same amount of games – send your game selections to Wolf no later than June 30th. Wolf will inform all sites of game selections upon receipt of selections. Should duplicate game selections be received, the team with the highest number of registered players will yield to the team with the smaller number of players. The smaller team will select another game. Wolf will advise of all details once final list of games have been posted. Once games are selected and posted by Wolf. Games will be played with default dip switches

3. - Auto fire is not allowed

4. - Adjudication – We understand different people have access to different equipment - both for broadcast/recording and gameplay (e.g arcade/MAME cabinets). With that in mind - and a desire to be as inclusive as possible since this is just for fun - the official policy will be "make your best effort to provide evidence." While video and/or INP is still the best form of evidence, we will also accept screenshots, photographs, and in-person verification as evidence for arcade cabinets and other situations (e.g. batteries fail, memory cards fill up) where a more complete form of evidence is not available or easily accessible. Every score is subject to challenge / review, regardless of what forms of evidence is supplied. Therefore, it is in every player's best interest to provide as much evidence as possible.

5. - Submissions: players should submit their scores via http://www.tournament.vg/#/event/igby2/main – as we want to maintain as live a scoreboard as possible, please submit early and often. Please do not hold on to score submissions.

6. - All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on August 5th. Any scores submitted after this time will not be valid. Again, submit early and often.

7. scoring will be Top 5 from each team per game will score points for their team.

8. Teams are required to have a minimum of 10 players. Any team that does not have 10 registered players by the beginning of the event will be required to be placed in a state of "partnership". This is essentially a merger of two teams. For example, if Team XYZ is partnered with DKF, then the two teams will become "DKF + XYZ", essentially working as one. It is the sole discretion of the event organizer (wolf) if and how partnerships will occur, but in the event they do occur, they will be engineered to ensure overall tournament-wide team balance.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:57:43 am by wolfman24 »
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: IGBY 2
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 04:24:38 pm »
Fk yer!

Now, Team DKF, we need to pick some games...

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 04:36:19 pm »
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 06:35:47 pm »
I have a question:

What if a first place score was done on an arcade cabinet at a public arcade where you cannot stream from?  Are they DQ'd or do you have to intentionally play to 2nd place on the cabinet?
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 08:57:52 am »
updated rule 4 some key things
each team will pick 3 games but have at least 5 to 6 games in case of issues with them
June 28 sign up will be closed
June 29 teams will send in their picks to the board for voting

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 08:39:02 am »
signing up is intil June 30th 11:59 pm est to register for the team you want to play

signing up is intil July 7th 11:59 pm est and you will be randomly assigned to a team

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 04:39:15 pm »
There still is plenty of ppl that could potentially sign up for team dkf, we need all the help we can get...
the following guys have been active recently on this site, even if your name is not on the list please consider signing up  :)

Svavar
Up2ng
DadsGlasses
Konghusker
Fliplesmc
Stormdata
Kewydee_17
yesafinitty
billygains
stv71
andrewg
adam wilmot
bigjohnmckong
Jwade
Evunz
Jonesy kong
Jumpman
Lakeman
weehawk
leejunfan
Zetherman
wilhem scream
lol

**Joined from the above list**

Mitch  Kreygasm
Dalar  Kreygasm
Tilt     Kreygasm
Zmick Kreygasm
rolledcigs  Kreygasm
Kig666  Kreygasm
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:10:57 pm by Adam_Mon »
Member for 9 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 04:54:50 pm »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:06:46 pm by p2dose »
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 06:51:37 pm »
the pro is on marp team

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 06:58:51 pm »
the pro is on marp team

thanks, edited.

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 07:11:16 am »
signing up is intil June 30th 11:59 pm est to register for the team you want to play

signing up is intil July 7th 11:59 pm est and you will be randomly assigned to a team

**REMINDER**

Last chance to sign up for team DKF,
The contest goes on for weeks and you certainly don't need to grind all the games, even if you put a score up for one you could be helping out in a big way.

Offline KIG666

• KIG666 MARP
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 07:23:38 am »
If I would know the game list I would see if I could be a help. Without knowing what gets played from all the teams dunno.

I don't have too much time left right now to learn new games aka I'm too lazy right now.

So what are the games ?

Is there a master list of all games from all teams so far or is this still super secret ?  ROFL
Maybe some of my favs gets played who knows...  <stirpot>
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 11:02:54 am »
The game picks wont be available until the tourney starts, but you could still join up but not play if the games aren't to your liking.
There is no obligation to play any of the games just because you join a team.
But it cant hurt to sign up on the off chance you see a game you are good at.

Its all for fun, nobody will be hostile if team members don't partake (I hope :D<stirpot> <popcorn>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:08:06 am by Adam_Mon »
Member for 9 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 02:51:34 pm »
There still is plenty of ppl that could potentially sign up for team dkf, we need all the help we can get...
the following guys have been active recently on this site, even if your name is not on the list please consider signing up  :)

Svavar
Up2ng
DadsGlasses
Konghusker
Fliplesmc
Stormdata
Kewydee_17
yesafinitty
billygains
stv71
andrewg
adam wilmot
bigjohnmckong
Jwade
Evunz
Jonesy kong
Jumpman
Lakeman
weehawk
leejunfan
Zetherman
wilhem scream
lol

**Joined from the above list**

Mitch  Kreygasm
Dalar  Kreygasm
Tilt     Kreygasm
Zmick Kreygasm
rolledcigs  Kreygasm
Kig666  Kreygasm

Love it sirs,  lets get a few more players for IGBY defending champions DKF   8)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:11:14 pm by Adam_Mon »

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 08:30:31 pm »
Gate are open send in your submissions thru http://www.tournament.vg/#/event/igby2/main

dips can be found on both the contest site and here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QtSAJXLeRuA8iG8O4NI5kZ5E36z8Wc2LwbRihrpXZVg/edit?usp=sharing

a spreadsheet of the games
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1veJCKK2xXRLyS16WinnT7-4K4KTo4t0MRliBeFu4k10/edit?usp=sharing

rom folder and cfg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6kfoab6q0engt0/igby.zip?dl=0

sign up ends next week and you will be assigned to a random team let me know if you want in