Author Topic: Satan's Hollow Strategy  (Read 2218 times)

Offline VectorGamer

• Awards
Satan's Hollow Strategy
« on: October 13, 2015, 07:53:02 am »
You know I have played this game a lot BITD and now occasionally in MAME. Yet I still don't understand strategy in this game.

When you have the bridge built is it to your advantage to immediately face the pitchfork throwing devil?

I've been putting it off until I get to a stage where there are a ton of bad guys bombing the crap out of me at which time I go across the bridge to escape. Then when I kill the devil I get a boatload of points.
Star Castle (Vectrex) Champion Of the World!
PAPA 20 Ghostbusters Champ
Member Of the Billionaire Club
Member for 8 Years Blogger

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Satan's Hollow Strategy
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:21:56 am »
 I would recommend checking out the skycrushers channel, he was grinding out some massive games around the time of Ko3.  www.Twitch.tv/syscrusher I'd imagine there's some highlights. From what I remember Ben would basically cross the bridge almost instantly.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Satan's Hollow Strategy
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:02:07 pm »
Hey VectorGamer, it's definitely best the build the bridge as quickly as possible, but you also need to know when to cross.  Here's a video of my PB from a couple years ago.  You can also get the MAME inp at MARP.  Take a look and I'd be happy to discuss strategies.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener