Author Topic: Which method?  (Read 30603 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Which method?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 06:43:16 pm »
He said 'many' not 'all'. Quit jumping to the worst conclusions, Brian.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 02:03:37 am »
yeah you went early before knowing what the snappers where going to do.. Then they trapped you!

Pretty good if you can get a Millon and a first KS .. I know someone else that did that!   Keep at it!

Yep, i was way off, pretty silly mistake really

This 'Dean move' some of you guys mention where you stand between the 1st & 2nd spark is a risky move as there is plenty of room for error but if it can be pulled off successfully there are alot of points to gain here! Certainly something that needs some time to perfect :-\
yeah i agree with this ..    They say it's easy..  I have been talking about this on other post...   There needs to be a how To Video on the Dean move.

Nothing Dean does is Easy!

Hey Brian,

George has a video up of a 1M game where he demonstrates the Dean move successfully in a big game. I'm not confident enough to incorporate it into big games yet but if these guys can do it, i'm damned sure we can!  8)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:40:51 am by Jonesy Kong »
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 11:10:07 am »
does he tell his move movements on the video?  Or is it just his game play?
yeah you went early before knowing what the snappers where going to do.. Then they trapped you!

Pretty good if you can get a Millon and a first KS .. I know someone else that did that!   Keep at it!

Yep, i was way off, pretty silly mistake really

This 'Dean move' some of you guys mention where you stand between the 1st & 2nd spark is a risky move as there is plenty of room for error but if it can be pulled off successfully there are alot of points to gain here! Certainly something that needs some time to perfect :-\
yeah i agree with this ..    They say it's easy..  I have been talking about this on other post...   There needs to be a how To Video on the Dean move.

Nothing Dean does is Easy!

Hey Brian,

George has a video up of a 1M game where he demonstrates the Dean move successfully in a big game. I'm not confident enough to incorporate it into big games yet but if these guys can do it, i'm damned sure we can!  8)

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 03:08:51 pm »
It's just a game play video, 1.1M with first man

Donkey Kong Junior Arcade 1,168,300 on 1st man!

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 10:44:12 am »
Hey guys,

Been practicing this ' Dean move ' a little lately as I haven't had time for any ' big games ' Wow that is hard and takes some time to perfect that's for sure and I'm not there yet but I'm trying damned hard!! George, you must be programmed man! Cyborg or something?  ;)

Nearly.....

Donkey Kong Junior - Point pressing practice

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 11:44:43 am »
Hey guys,

Been practicing this ' Dean move ' a little lately as I haven't had time for any ' big games ' Wow that is hard and takes some time to perfect that's for sure and I'm not there yet but I'm trying damned hard!! George, you must be programmed man! Cyborg or something?  ;)

Nearly.....

Donkey Kong Junior - Point pressing practice

Wow looks like you are really starting to get the hang of it!  The fact that you can get past a screen constantly using that move is a good thing.  The Dean Move is kind of like riding a bicycle.  Once you get the hang of it, it becomes easy peasy!
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2013, 03:09:48 pm »
I'm not sure where to put this, but since there are some strategy related posts in this thread, I'll put it here I guess.

I was recently corresponding with someone on youtube, and he was interested in seing some early screen strategies, a decent first hideout pattern and how to get the 4th spark smash on that screen in particular. I made a video for him the other night (which really doesn't explain anything, I was explaining things through PMs). I know many of the top players know to try and get the 4th spark smash, but I'm not sure of the different ways people use to time it right. I'll try and explain how I do it below.

Here is the video. You can ignore the rest and go to about 12 minute into the video. I think the best way to do it (for me) is to watch the release of the blue spark at the top, and since the speed of all of the sparks are the same, you can tell right then if you have a chance to smash 4 based on where the red spark is at the time of the blue spark's release. (that released blue spark is the one you wait for to spawn into 3)

If you go to 12:32 in the video, the blue spark released right at that second is a "good" spark to take the triple smash, because the red spark below is in the right spot, if I am making sense. Now, the problem is that in order to get all 4 that blue spark has to spawn 3 times from the chutes before you pull the trigger on the apple. The good news is that there are probably 4 or 5 opportunities in a screen to pull it off. So no I don't think it's possible to do it every screen, but I figure it should add 15k give or take to a final score in a killscreen game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7M4yqvUEBo

Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 12:26:28 pm »
For the dean move, compared to the what I guess I would call safer move (where your at the far left of the 3rd platform getting 100, 300 or 400s. Does anyone know what the difference in points is? I'm still struggling with basic level passing working toward 200K and my game has gotten better but just a curiosity more than anything else?
DKJR pb 721k & 621k (KS) DK pb 357k
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 07:01:25 pm »
I think it is around 5000 points. Basically, you are getting a 300 point for what would have only been a 100 point. What this means is that you net 200 points each time you perform the jump correctly. So if you do it 5 times it is 1000 points, if you do it 25 times it is 5000 points. Since the jump can only be done when a spark pauses at the time of the 3rd shoot, it varies per board just how many times this will occur. You would have to get an average from 10 or more hideouts, just counting the pauses. But even then, you may miss time a couple jumps and only get the 100. You could just check the difference between 5 boards from my million game on youtube, and 5 boards from the first 9 levels on my 1.097 game last night on twitch.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:05:41 pm by Donkey Kong Genius »

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2014, 02:07:02 pm »
I think it is around 5000 points. Basically, you are getting a 300 point for what would have only been a 100 point. What this means is that you net 200 points each time you perform the jump correctly. So if you do it 5 times it is 1000 points, if you do it 25 times it is 5000 points. Since the jump can only be done when a spark pauses at the time of the 3rd shoot, it varies per board just how many times this will occur. You would have to get an average from 10 or more hideouts, just counting the pauses. But even then, you may miss time a couple jumps and only get the 100. You could just check the difference between 5 boards from my million game on youtube, and 5 boards from the first 9 levels on my 1.097 game last night on twitch.

Wow, congrats on the big Donkey Kong Junior score! 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Zetherman

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2014, 07:37:22 pm »
wow yes, congrats on that score. going for 1.1m or 1.2m next ?

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2014, 11:02:58 pm »
Thanks guys. I am going for 1.2+