Author Topic: Which method?  (Read 30602 times)

hchien

Re: Which method?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 08:09:35 pm »
He has a 797K score at TG.  I assumed (incorrectly) it was a killscreen.  Either way I think George's list was for "active" 700K+ players? 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:13:05 pm by hchien »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »
Interesting, the first DK arcade I ever played (and I did ALOT) was on one of the D&B 3-in-1 cabs. There must be a setting for those machines, because the one I played on, though it allowed continues, reset the score every time -and on all 3 of the games.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 09:03:01 pm »
I love the triple DK.
I find it interesting that Namco decided Mario Bros. was actually the real third DK.

(Edited to correct my post to refer to the triple game as a Namco release licensed by Nintendo rather than a Nintendo release)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:02:06 am by gstrain »
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 04:57:24 am »
I love the triple DK.
I find it interesting that Namco decided Mario Bros. was actually the real third DK.

(Edited to correct my post to refer to the triple game as a Namco release licensed by Nintendo rather than a Nintendo release)

Interesting indeed.   

Hard to argue with it though, it had Mario in it, introduced Luigi to the family and has some of the most compelling gameplay ever, not to mention the mechanics of it laid the groundwork for arguably the most popular video game ever made.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 04:59:56 am »
Either way I think George's list was for "active" 700K+ players?

My bad.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2013, 09:24:45 am »
Hi guys,

New high score but still no KS  :-[

837,500 - Level 18-1 was point pressing more this time.

Jonesy
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 01:23:45 pm »
I had to post the ending to my biggest game yet!

I got hooked up on a vine, my mind went totally blank and that was that. It's pretty funny really, my biggest game ending like this?.....listen to the Joystick! I just needed to stay at the bottom of a vine, no....that's way too easy! :)

I really don't want this happening too often! :D

Donkey Kong Junior - Level 18 - The End!

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 01:30:32 pm »
Ha ha! Yeah, don't die like that!  ;D Congrats and keep going...I predict your next game that goes deep will be the killscreen.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:36:28 pm by marky_d »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 01:32:30 pm »
Oh man! Haha! I hope so Mark i'm giving it all I have at the moment!

Cheers!

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 06:39:26 pm »
837,500 is a very nice score indeed.  Congrats!  You know,you might hit a million on your first killscreen.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 07:58:21 pm »
yeah you went early before knowing what the snappers where going to do.. Then they trapped you!

Pretty good if you can get a Millon and a first KS .. I know someone else that did that!   Keep at it!

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2013, 07:35:23 am »
yeah you went early before knowing what the snappers where going to do.. Then they trapped you!

Pretty good if you can get a Millon and a first KS .. I know someone else that did that!   Keep at it!

Yep, i was way off, pretty silly mistake really

This 'Dean move' some of you guys mention where you stand between the 1st & 2nd spark is a risky move as there is plenty of room for error but if it can be pulled off successfully there are alot of points to gain here! Certainly something that needs some time to perfect :-\
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:48:13 am by Jonesy Kong »

Simpsons99

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 05:19:30 pm »

Yep, i was way off, pretty silly mistake really

This 'Dean move' some of you guys mention where you stand between the 1st & 2nd spark is a risky move as there is plenty of room for error but if it can be pulled off successfully there are alot of points to gain here! Certainly something that needs some time to perfect :-\
yeah i agree with this ..    They say it's easy..  I have been talking about this on other post...   There needs to be a how To Video on the Dean move.

Nothing Dean does is Easy!

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »
The Dean Move is easy. Many of the top players really have no problem whatsoever executing it.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »
The Dean Move is easy. Many of the top players really have no problem whatsoever executing it.
  I guess i'm not one of them then....