Author Topic: Which method?  (Read 30594 times)

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Which method?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 12:04:28 pm »
No Ben Falls?
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 12:06:07 pm »

Wow! I never thought i'd see my name amongst these guys!!
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 12:07:51 pm »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

hchien

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:13 pm »
Jason Cram
Sam McNear

I'm sure there's lots we don't even know about.

Simpsons99

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 04:34:56 pm »
Very awesome to see you up your score like this.   Just this month it seems we have two more people in the 700,000 club.  You, and Hank.     You know we really could have a Donkey Kong Junior Off right now.   There are enough modern names for it to happen.

Mark Kiehl
Billy Mitchell
Myself
Steve Wiebe
Steve Wagner
Claytin Brookins
Brain Allen
Ike Hall
Donald Hayes
Ben Falls
Hank Chien
Jonesy Kong
Dean Saglio
BLAH  BRAIN ALLEN!

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 04:40:15 pm »
OK, those two included as well! 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 05:33:29 pm »
You allmost allways make that mistake with my name  ???

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Which method? 900k killscreen (Junior)
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 06:02:23 pm »
I don't feel this post deserves it's own thread, so I'll attach it here since it is somewhat related.

I was checking out a pizza place today, and ran into one of those DK/DKJr/MB multi cabinets stashed amongst an array of "modern" games and redemption machines. I had never seen one of these cabinets before in person, but I was aware that the high-score table is retained after powering down, so I decided to play a game or two. I got a couple of bucks in change from the manager and he made a comment about that not being very much. I mentioned my near geriatric status and my interest being focused on the one machine. He replied (as if I have never played them before), "Well, you might need more change than that, those games are pretty hard". I told him that I can hold my own with those games, and mentioned that I have the highest recorded game for Junior, but I get the feeling either he didn't believe me or he thought that I was confused as to what version of Junior I was about to take on. He did however say that he has watched KoK, and does play Junior himself, stating he had made it to "Level 8" before so I don't think his reaction was simply because he didn't care. He mentioned that he would be by to watch me play a little, and I thought I could clear some things up at that time but he never stopped by.

Anyways, when I started I was suprised that the top of the screen was cut off and you couldn't see the score. I was just going to play a "fast game" anyways, very little point-pressing, so it really didn't matter. I did play to ensure at least a 700k game, and when the game was over I was suprised to see over 900k, just barely over 900k, on the high score table which was nice.

You can see here, the score cut off at the top...kinda annoying.

What's up now, pizza-chewing kids? That's what I thought...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:12:46 pm by marky_d »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »
Haha, that's awesome! You curb-stomped their machine.

Arcade gaming needs to get to the point where you wouldn't even have to tell the guy who you were. He would stutter and stammer "Y---you're Mark Ki---Kiehl!" as women swooned.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 06:31:07 pm »
Haha! Great story, Mark. Maybe Allen has started a trend by playing with the score covered up!  ;D
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:53 pm »
I love the triple DK.  At one point on the one in Long Beach Island in South Jersey at Fantasy Island where my family vacations every summer, I had the high score on all 3 which I thought was fun.  If memory serves unfortunately you can continue with the same score though.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 07:17:20 pm »
If memory serves unfortunately you can continue with the same score though.

Yeah I think I heard this somewhere, and that is too bad. So theoretically you could continue until you got a score of 999k? So then there is no way to really prove you score is on one credit?

hchien

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 07:39:57 pm »
I saw a bunch of these triple DK machines at the Dave and Busters (plural) in Long Island.  I took great joy in beating the multiple credit high score with a single credit.  Anyhow these machines definitely allow continues and even worse when you continue the score doesn't reset.

You be the judge:

Donkey Kong 905,500 Kill Screen

Oh read the youtube comments for some comic relief.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:42:25 pm by hchien »

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 08:05:50 pm »
LOL @ Daniel Dock's comment.  So true.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 08:06:50 pm »
Jason Cram
Sam McNear

I'm sure there's lots we don't even know about.

Jason hasn't kill screened it according to a conversation I had with him a few months back.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:09:08 pm by pwnasaurus »