Author Topic: Which method?  (Read 30597 times)

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Which method?
« on: February 26, 2013, 12:41:46 pm »
Hey guys,

Ok so i'm currently chasing my first DK Jr Kill screen.....i'm up to level 16-4 with a score of 551,100.

I do point press but i don't squeeze every point from each screen as my score would suggest as it seems pointless as i'm not good enough to reach the kill screen yet. So my qestion is this...for you guys that have reached the kill screen on this game, did you just go for the kill screen and accomplish this before you started pressing for points or did you go for maximum points regardless.

Thanks,

Jonesy
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:48:37 pm by Jonesy Kong »
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Which method?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:16:07 pm »
Hey guys,

Ok so i'm currently chasing my first DK Jr Kill screen.....i'm up to level 16-4 with a score of 551,100.

I do point press but i don't squeeze every point from each screen as my score would suggest as it seems pointless as i'm not good enough to reach the kill screen yet. So my qestion is this...for you guys that have reached the kill screen on this game, did you just go for the kill screen and accomplish this before you started pressing for points or did you go for maximum points regardless.

Thanks,

Jonesy

I went for the ks first, primarily from the perspective of it being a personal goal.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 03:01:16 pm »
Well here is a video about right around when I was about to killscreen the game if I am not mistaken.  As you can see I was still playing it on Java.  I personally did the point pressing I felt comfortable with, and left it at that.

As I killscreened the game I decided to add a new trick before I made it to another killscreen, and so I slowly progressed to it.

Edit: Just want to say I think it's cool that your into Donkey Kong Junior, and have a pretty good score.  Welcome to the club! 8)

My Donkey Kong Junior arcade strategies with commentary,tips, and tricks
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 04:35:47 pm »
Nope i allmost added everything to my gameplay when i got my first KS .

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:57:42 am »

I'm pretty confortable with my game, if/when i get my KS i can concentrate more on points then i guess, i need to stop taking risks and rushing!

Thanks for the clip George, i have in fact watched that clip many times 8) and it has been useful! I subscribed to your channel a few days ago.

The chains has recently become my problem screen but i'm almost there.

Here is a clip of me making life difficult for myself on the birds stage!!   ;D

Donkey Kong Junior bird level struggle

Cheers!

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:36 am »
The first Junior killscreen I got was in the low 800k range with minimal point pressing. If a person did want their first Junior killscreen to be above 1 million, it wouldn't be too much trouble considering the basic pressing techniques are very low-risk and very lucrative.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 02:12:09 pm »
The first Junior killscreen I got was in the low 800k range with minimal point pressing. If a person did want their first Junior killscreen to be above 1 million, it wouldn't be too much trouble considering the basic pressing techniques are very low-risk and very lucrative.

I shall certainly persevere and update any progress, an 800k KS would do me just fine!!  8)

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 08:46:45 am »

New high score

Level 16-4 again but i was pressing for points a little more

It's the damned chains level every single time, i lost my last 2 lives in under 20 seconds of each other! The amount of space to be safe is so small!

Ah well, i'll just have to keep chasing!!

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 08:38:17 am »
Still chasing,

New high score 724,500

Level 19-1 or 'C' as it's displayed.

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 09:10:44 am »
Oh wow, you are almost there...maybe next game?
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 09:12:53 am »
you must be screaming through screens

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:12 am »
Hi guys,

I guess it could be any game now. Really enjoying the battle though.

I used to get stressed out, the higher the score the more nervous and stressed. I guess where the games are becoming bigger and more consistent it's all settled down and it's just a matter of playing the game and keeping it as cool as possible.

I will update if I get there :D

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:28:35 am by Jonesy Kong »

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 11:32:00 am »
If you really "scream" through the screens, your score will be in the upper 600k range for a full game.

If you get to the end, be sure to snap a pic!

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:50 am »
If you really "scream" through the screens, your score will be in the upper 600k range for a full game.

If you get to the end, be sure to snap a pic!

I'm going to have to start taking the video camera with me now just in case.

I'm playing safe at the mo, the kill screen is my aim at the moment, when that is done, I will the try for bigger scores.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 11:55:55 am »
Very awesome to see you up your score like this.   Just this month it seems we have two more people in the 700,000 club.  You, and Hank.     You know we really could have a Donkey Kong Junior Off right now.   There are enough modern names for it to happen.

Mark Kiehl
Billy Mitchell
Myself
Steve Wiebe
Steve Wagner
Claytin Brookins
Brian Allen
Ike Hall
Donald Hayes
Ben Falls
Hank Chien
Jonesy Kong
Dean Saglio
Jason Cram
Shawn Mcnear
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:39:49 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener