Author Topic: The Spider's Web  (Read 10051 times)

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: The Spider's Web
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 10:43:50 am »
 BibleThump
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 11:21:46 am »
Do you know what causes the blue screens? Can you write down the info that it shows when it crashes? Maybe we can help.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 11:56:07 am »
Do you know what causes the blue screens? Can you write down the info that it shows when it crashes? Maybe we can help.

Not totally sure, there have been more than one message, including awesome things like how it also can't start after the crash.  I can take a photo of it or something, if someone can help, great.  I've tried disk recovery, virus checks, restarts, defrag, disk check and repair, put a big fan on it (in case it's overheating, though it sits on a fan pad thingy)... running out of things to try and I hate laptops since it's so hard to get inside them and do work like RAM swaps etc.  I'll take a photo tonight and post it.  We do have a line on a used one from my mother in law, not sure if it works, if it is up to streaming, or anything else.   BibleThump  I really appreciate your offer of assistance!
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 05:23:58 am »
 <Pigger>
Wow looks like it's been a while since I touched this blog..  I was given a different laptop and was streaming fine until earlier this week.  The monitor on my Millipede has been somewhat sketchy for a while and after a week or two of increased blurriness the screen started to collapse  Or at least it was starting to shrink.  Fortunately I'd been expecting this and already had the cap kit purchased and in the house.  This was my first time doing a cap kit and was rather nervous about screwing it up and either frying myself or the monitor pcb.  Probably took about 3 times longer than it should have but finally got it done and put back together last night.  And voila, it all turned out great.  The image is clear, colors bright, blacks are finally black.  Kreygasm I'm please with the result and that I lost my capping virginity.  If you own these old games you end up having to work on them from time to time.  It's fun to learn this stuff and empowering also.  Now I guess it's time to fix the Tempest machine lol.
 <Tim>
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 12:31:31 pm »
 <popcorn> <popcorn>

The insects keep invading and my bow keeps singing...
Streaming has been working out more or less...  still need to do some fixes/tweaks on my cab, but mostly things are functioning..  I finally got another monitor for the second Milli but also discovered that there are wiring issues and the machine will need a new wiring harness.  Haven't gotten to it yet, but am trying to make some moves, it would be nice to have both machines up and running.

Haven't gotten the 999,999 x3 yet, but got a 999,989 the other day Kreygasm.  Had a few days off earlier this week and managed to hit 900k or more 6 times over 3 days.  It's a good feeling, but only means I'm on the path with a long road ahead of me still.  The scores on the machine are all 999,xxx now.  Starting this weekend, I'm changing up my practice sessions a bit.  During the week, I'll still work on 999,999 since time is more limited.  The weekends will be real attempts at new high scores.  The next goal is 2.5 million, which would pass Eric Ginner and put me into 5th place.  After that it goes up to 4 million plus...  It's clear that my endurance needs some work.  Over the vacation I was playing about 4 hours a day and my hands are still hurting from it... Probably just need to keep at it, breaks from time to time to heal.

Finally achieved the 100k in asteroids.  Also been working on - Paperboy, Track and Field, Hyper Sports, Berzerk (slow bullets), Omega Fighter and Kangaroo, among other random games.   

<Tim>

Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -