Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 138746 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2013, 09:28:56 pm »
Thanks! Glad you were there to see it!

Hehe. I keep upping my goals, and so I never get to put that nice 'Completed!' next to them! ;)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2013, 09:33:34 pm »
oh yer. just finished watching the replay of your final rivet. it was a GIANT 13,800. soooooooo big  :o
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2013, 11:29:39 pm »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2013, 09:31:18 pm »
I reorganized the main/first post of this blog. Hopefully it is a lot clearer now. I still have to do some searching and fill in some scores under the DK section when I have time (both for finding my own PBs and the WR scores)... but right now I need to go watch Ross stream from the manhole.

Ew. That was a gross way of saying it.  :o  But I'll leave it as is.  8)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2013, 10:57:54 pm »
FML again...

As Chris Psaros pointed out in my chat... I get more upset about things like this than I do about deaths during full-length games.

http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2916394

However, I did manage this today, at least:

http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2915187

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »
Hung out for half the day today at RQ... was the first time in weeks. Surprisingly, I ended up hanging mostly around the Dig Dug machine after playing a few games of DK, DKjr, and T&F. I hadn't thought about this game for months, and I could barely remember some patterns, so I just decided to freestyle it. Played like 3 games, and after the first two I started solidifying some of my own patterns. Ended up getting a new PB with 259,390 and a new RQ high score! I died probably 5 times simply due to the button randomly not registering, so I told the arcade owner and he'll have it fixed soon so I can maybe try again and push the score a bit higher.

Always nice to get an unexpected PB!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 02:42:55 pm by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2013, 11:08:42 pm »
So, I got 13,200 today on 1-1, that means I've achieved a goal I've been working on for quite a while now -which was to get 13k+ on 1-1. I eventually want to break the WR on this track, but I'm gonna put that aside for now and come back to it after I work on some of my other DK goals. Next on the Docket (and this should make a bunch of people happy ;) ): Significantly improve my DK PB! Love it!

EDIT: I also added some of my new Marp goals! ;)

2nd EDIT: 13,200 video here:  http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2999435
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:21:24 pm by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2013, 04:19:31 pm »
I should mention (since the video is kinda fuzzy, and I don't want other people to have to go through the work to figure this out themselves) that my blue smashes were as follows:

Bottom hammer: 500, 500, 800.
Top hammer: 500.

I took the bottom hammer sooner than I would have liked to, but I couldn't pass up all those barrels that were there at the time. This made me get one less blue smash with the bottom hammer than I would have liked.

However, I'm still not ultimately satisfied; but I'm resolved to be content for a while now. TBH I really want that 14k at some point down the road. If I had been more aware in my attempt it may have been possible: A little more leeching precision and I could have gotten maybe 200-300 more points (one group of two could have been a leech of three, and I accidentally steered one barrel down the broken ladder), and if I had seen the number of barrels coming my way before I grabbed the bottom hammer, I could have maybe gotten a smash on one of those two leading, grouped barrels -maybe even both(?). Suffice it to say, I left points on the table -and I'm sure the other ~13k/13k+ 1-1ers feel the same.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2013, 07:39:24 am »
This afternoon I'll be helping RQ move around machines and set up credit buttons, as they'll be switching over to $5 unlimited play. I mentioned this in a stream, but I forgot to post it here. Now I'll be able to break all of the RQ records!!! muahaha! ;)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2013, 07:39:46 am »
Post 900 for me; post 10,000 for DKF!

LOVEIT!

It's been an awesome site so far, Jeff! Thanks for letting me have a blog here too!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:42:44 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2013, 10:57:17 pm »
This afternoon I'll be helping RQ move around machines and set up credit buttons, as they'll be switching over to $5 unlimited play. I mentioned this in a stream, but I forgot to post it here. Now I'll be able to break all of the RQ records!!! muahaha! ;)

So, I ended up helping out for like 7 hours. Since I'm huge, I did most the heavy lifting/moving of machines. In the end, the arcade now looks sick! The games (thanks to my aesthetic expertise, I might say  ;D ) now are in more suitable and pleasing locations in relation to one another, as well as now there is much more space. It'll be cool to see this place all packed with people finally feeling free to play even the games they suck at (unlike previously, when they were incentivized not to pay quarters to play games they suck at).

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2013, 03:35:17 am »
Upped my Asteroids PB to 22,340. Beat the WR time one Cruis'n USA, Redwood Forest track (working on some others).

Have been playing Defender a lot now while brushing up on Q*bert and Joust.

Also dabbled with some Arkanoid.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2013, 05:16:55 pm »
Just broke the known WR times for two tracks on Cruis'n USA, as well as improved my all-tracks time by about 30 seconds and a time on the USA 101 track (the only single-track-race that I have yet to get the WR on):

Indiana: 1:31.72
Washington D.C.: 1:25.76
All-Tracks: 23:23.21
USA 101: 1:45.81

I'm wondering if Frank Niehls would be able to post his best times here so that we could at least have each other to compete against. I know he is definitely way better than some of these WR times too (It's kinda annoying having official 'WRs' from various sites that are so low... people have got to have had times bitd that were way better than my PBs!). I'd love to have someone to push these times to the max with! Gonna go play some more and edit this post if I improve some times even more.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2013, 09:18:15 pm »
Spent quite some time on Cruis'n USA today and beat 4 times:

Appalachia: 1:38.72
Indiana: 1:32.30
Iowa: 1:39.70
US 101: 1:45.29

Now I have the known WR on every single-course track! All that is left is to put together a good all-tracks run! I'm also going through each track again and trying to compile some sort of semblance of a rating system of how 'perfected' I think a particular time of mine is. So far it looks like there is still a lot of improvement to be made.

Side note: I wish there were a local Pole Position... I feel like I would really get obsessed with that game! ;D I just love trying to perfect racing games.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:21:09 pm by marinomitch13 »

Online Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2013, 05:05:57 am »
I love Pole Position.

I played it for a bit at Richies old arcade a couple years back. Ended up with 63,XXX.

If I had any room left at my place, I would get one  :D
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener