Author Topic: Blue Chain Bird Patterns and Smash Opportunities  (Read 5419 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

Blue Chain Bird Patterns and Smash Opportunities
« on: July 13, 2014, 02:29:39 pm »
I wanted to unearth this post from my long thread. I hope to add to it as I go and then put the video together showing all the early double bird smashes so people can see them, that they are possible, how to execute it, and then how to proceed if applicable, such as if one can also push a key all the way up immediately after the smashes. If you know of possible smashes not yet on this list be sure to post to this thread. Keep in mind that things change when you start smashing birds so "2nd smashes" could have more variations, that is the 2nd fruit smash. I am only on level one through three presently but all levels would be welcome.

Level     1     2       3+   
  # of Birds     6     8       10   
                        Semi-Top        
                        Low        
                Semi-Low        Semi-Low        
                Top        Top        
        Low        Low        Low        
        Semi-Top        Semi-Top        Semi-Top        
        Semi-Low        Semi-Low        Semi-Low        
        Low (Tracker)        Low (Tracker)        Low (Tracker)        

This is a basic chart to the kind of bird you will get when playing the blue chains. Interestingly enough there only appears to be one bird that is not set, which is the second to last bird which is a tracker, all the rest are set in their pattern.  The time interval between bird release decreases from level 1 and maxes out on level 4. If you smash a bird, the pattern will change, and will stay that way until another bird is smashed.

Practical Usage:

1) If you are waiting to push up the last key, and you see a bird come out on the very top or semi-top (just under the top position) then the next bird will always be low so you can push it up and miss getting hit. This is assuming that no birds have been smashed or if they have you know that it is still safe.

2) If you see a Semi-Low bird which is just above the low position, then the next bird will always be on top or a tracker. So never try to push up on a semi-low bird.

3) When I am ambitious again I will show which bird combos are possible to get two fruit smashes on the initial pattern. The longer the board plays the spacing will change due to slight pauses that might occur in Mario's release of the birds.

Level 1 Double Bird Smash Possibilities:
Left Fruit:
4th into the 1st from the right
Last in the Beak

Right Fruit:
2nd into 1st from Right
4th into 3rd from Right
5th into 4th in Beak
6th into 5th in Beak

Level 2 Double Bird Smash Possibilities:
Left Fruit:
5th in the tail hang off right

Right Fruit:
3rd from Right then push all the way to the top
more to come
4th into the third, hanging from right, hit it back end, delay one bird for push up

WCopeland

Re: Blue Chain Bird Patterns and Smash Opportunities
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »
This is very helpful. Thank you for the post.