Author Topic: Might buy a Donkey Kong 3 machine. Questions  (Read 4155 times)

weswhat

Might buy a Donkey Kong 3 machine. Questions
« on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:00 am »
I have the opportunity to buy a DK3 machine off a neighbor for $200. It works perfectly. He just doesn't use/want it anymore.
Really interested in the machine but even he admitted he isn't sure how much it's worth.
Is $200 a decent deal?

lakeman421

Re: Might buy a Donkey Kong 3 machine. Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:30:18 am »
Its a great deal if its working, just be careful the game can ruin your life! <GIV>

weswhat

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:32:52 am »
Thanks man. Just curious as of how much they tend to run for? Been a fan of the original Donkey Kong game for awhile. Until now I only thought DK3 was a separate NES game. Didn't know there was an actual arcade machine.

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:07:19 pm »
I'm guessing around $500 if the cab is in good shape and everything is functional. I don't keep a close eye on the DK3 market tho.
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:11:38 pm »
Prices vary greatly; state, community bought from, condition, etc.

In general:

Dk 500-1500 depending on condition, location, prestige, and selling venue

Dkjr 200-750 (same as above) they made way more of these than dk

Dk3 200-750 (same) made even more of these. 

The dk and dk Jr both use the old Nintendo wiring, literally just swap pcbs at will, same monitor and control panel. Dk3 used a different wiring scheme (edge connector) and the monitor actually has different wiring (# of wires), you can run a dk or Jr PCB from the edge connectors, so the dk3 cab with edge connector wiring is fully, reverse-compatible with older vertical nintendo pcbs. To play dk3 on a dk or Jr cab, you would need to rewire for an edge connector setup, or just get an adaptor and rig the player 2 start as a fire button.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:14:03 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer