Author Topic: Mario Bros. High Score List!  (Read 116367 times)

Offline Bob Frias

• Awards
Re: Mario Bros. High Score List!
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2018, 07:12:01 am »
Thank You.
Member for 6 Years

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2018, 03:36:04 pm »
I would just submit to TG at this time as this thread was started when TG was offline and we needed a place to track the MB scores.  It can still be added here as well if you like but get it on the scoreboard as well.

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2018, 07:42:35 am »
I've got all my best scores up at TG as well, but for the sake of the first page of this thread here's the link to the 160k score that's listed (it's since been bested, but after Twitch changed the URLs I felt compelled to relink this one)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/33588112

Here are links to my TG bests:

219k 1P Medium http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/168229
146k 1P Hard No-POW http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/164663
161k 1P Hard http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/164698

I gotta start playing again - I know I can get better than that on the 1P Hard score for sure
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2018, 06:30:44 pm »
129,500 on default settings using Wolf 0.189. Definitely not the best score in the world, but ehh. It's the best I've done so far. :P
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2018, 02:54:09 am »
Congrats on the score Flo and keep at it!! The Mario Bros. Online Open is this weekend. You should definitely participate in Division 2. :)
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2018, 06:45:07 am »
Yes pl0x Flobee join us. join us. join us.
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2018, 04:17:28 pm »
I stopped playing this game in November 2015, while I was in the midst of a move, and didn't pick it back up. But in the wake of the last tourney, I've found myself semi-addicted again. My runs only last about 20 minutes or so, which makes it the perfect procrastination task.  ;D

IMO, this game hits a SERIOUS difficulty wall in the phase 30-35 cycle. That's where I got stuck in 2015, and it's now where I'm stuck again. I don't have a firm idea how to break out of it, but I feel like a big part of it is standing your ground against the green fireballs rather than running away.

I just got this score today (new PB). I wasn't planning on submitting a score, but then I looked at the list and saw that this run would put me right above Barra, so now I definitely have to submit.  <pacman> <blinky>

339,980 - Phase 37, Medium, 3+1@20K
ROMset "marioo"
WolfMAME 191
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2018, 05:15:19 pm »
I just got this score today (new PB). I wasn't planning on submitting a score, but then I looked at the list and saw that this run would put me right above Barra, so now I definitely have to submit.  <pacman> <blinky>

What in the world  <gasp>
GG mate hope you keep going good :)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Have a score on every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: April 23, 2018, 01:18:09 pm »
Chris, you are officially one up on Andy on the Leaderboard, lol. Congrats!!  ROFL <stirpot>
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:28 am »
Witness the duo of the Drummer of the Rock Group "Further Seems Forever" and Guinness World Record Holder Steven Kleisath team up with Former Twin Galaxies Referee and Savant Classic Gamer Stephen Boyer as THE Mario Bros. attempting new world records and trailblazing new tracks and variations for one of the toughest classic arcade games to play... Original Mario Bros. at Free Play Florida this year. They will perform on a Widebody Mario Bros. Machine with a big screen monitor on top of the cabinet for all to view walking by or standing still. Drop by their station, say hello and watch teamwork and doubles play at it's best only at Free Play Florida!! https://www.facebook.com/events/783478261843100/permalink/920546181469640/
The event will be held at The Caribe Resort in Kissimmee Florida, November 9th-11th.

Offline booty

• Awards
« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2018, 07:07:14 pm »
Have had this recording laying around since June, but never submitted it because I planned on pushing further. Been busy with other endeavours since, though, and never got around to continuing. Pretty sloppy play and watching it back gives me anxiety, but it's top 20, so I figured I might as well submit it and introduce myself. I really love the game and have been keeping an eye here for quite some time. It's nice to finally say hello and join you guys.

Submission
Name: Jesse Newkirk
Score: 234,330 (MAME)
Link:
Goal is a top 10 score. Have a ways to go, but hopefully one day.
Member for 5 Years

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2018, 02:06:19 am »
Greetings Jesse, and thanks for the submission!! I'll let Stephen Boyer know to view and add to the list. Keep on keeping on! It is a great game. We have a Mario Bros. League if you are on Facebook you can join and we do streaming tournies for prizes throughout the year. Join us!  <Wiebe>

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2018, 04:57:54 am »
Have had this recording laying around since June, but never submitted it because I planned on pushing further. Been busy with other endeavours since, though, and never got around to continuing. Pretty sloppy play and watching it back gives me anxiety, but it's top 20, so I figured I might as well submit it and introduce myself. I really love the game and have been keeping an eye here for quite some time. It's nice to finally say hello and join you guys.

Submission
Name: Jesse Newkirk
Score: 234,330 (MAME)
Link:
Goal is a top 10 score. Have a ways to go, but hopefully one day.

Hey Jesse!

Great to see you here on the forums and playing Mario bros.  I want to add your score but it looks to me like you actually played on the "easy" difficulty.  Check your MAME dip switches and make sure you play on "Medium".  The green fireballs just start up quicker and possibly so do the red fireballs as well. I made a video a while back showing what it should look like on Phase 7.  On phase 7 the green fireball should start up right when you get ready to get the final two moths at the top.  If it doesn't then you are on Easy. 

Check out the video below...

Offline booty

• Awards
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2018, 03:08:32 pm »

Hey Jesse!

Great to see you here on the forums and playing Mario bros.  I want to add your score but it looks to me like you actually played on the "easy" difficulty.  Check your MAME dip switches and make sure you play on "Medium".  The green fireballs just start up quicker and possibly so do the red fireballs as well. I made a video a while back showing what it should look like on Phase 7.  On phase 7 the green fireball should start up right when you get ready to get the final two moths at the top.  If it doesn't then you are on Easy. 

Mind officially blown. I've been living a lie this entire time. <gasp> Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll definitely be back with a correct submission soon. Gotta fix that. Appreciate the knowledge.
Member for 5 Years

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2018, 05:44:52 pm »

Hey Jesse!

Mind officially blown. I've been living a lie this entire time. <gasp> Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll definitely be back with a correct submission soon. Gotta fix that. Appreciate the knowledge.

Not a problem.  :D  When I started playing MB's on MAME 1.06 I believe, we discovered the dips were wrong.  Hard was actually Easy and vice versa.  So I actually learned how to play on Hard difficulty thinking it was Medium.