Author Topic: Crazy Kong High Score List Discussion  (Read 35902 times)

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: Crazy Kong High Score List Discussion
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 10:59:15 pm »
Oh, OK, I didn't realize they'd DQ'ed you just for TRYING to warp! That's funny.

Pretty amazing that you got 624K in 2000.

I remember checking the TG rules when I first started putting scores up in 2011 because I wanted to be sure to follow them exactly, and that was something I specifically wanted to know about. Nothing about the hammer-drop.

It DID say that the level skip was forbidden, and that "this trick is performed on the barrel and conveyor stages." I always thought that was weird, because there's no way to skip levels on conveyors (as far as I know at least). But maybe that's somehow a reference to the hammer-drop?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:00:47 pm by ChrisP »
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 11:26:18 pm »
Oh, OK, I didn't realize they'd DQ'ed you just for TRYING to warp! That's funny.

At the time I thought it was only done to get someone a top score and decided I wanted no part of the classic arcade crowd but several people spoke up to defend my score (couldn't speak for myself ,didn't have account). Funny now.

I remember checking the TG rules when I first started putting scores up in 2011 because I wanted to be sure to follow them exactly, and that was something I specifically wanted to know about. Nothing about the hammer-drop.

Good to know since TG is down

maybe that's somehow a reference to the hammer-drop?

I bet your correct about the conveyor skip being a reference to the hammer drop, just not typed up correctly.
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder DK No-Hammer Killscreener Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 12:52:31 am »
I SWEAR I read somewhere online that it was possible to fall through the bottom floor on the conveyors and pass the level, but it wasn't something that was as controllable as the barrel floor skip. I can't seem to find that now, but maybe this will jog someone's memory. If it's true, that might be why TG listed the conveyor stage in its requirements.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline John73

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 03:28:48 am »
Great list Nick.  Donkey Kong without the boring Leg Humping that goes with DK.

When is the CK Off happening?  I'm in (because I may finish in top 10)
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 08:09:31 am »
I'm loving the looks of this list!  Nice job!  Now, to move up in the ranks!  #13 is unacceptable... ;)

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 01:11:43 pm »
So i'm just going to jot down some submission rules and see what everyone thinks.

1. scores uploaded to twin galaxies\Marp\Aurcade\RetroUprising will automatically be accepted to the list
2. Mame submissions to be done in wolfmame 106 or higher only.
3. Mame submissions to be accompanied with Inp and wlf where applicable.
4. It is preferable that games are streamed live although not mandatory.
5. Arcade submissions must be streamed live and must show 1 full cycle of attract mode either before or after game is played.
6. All known warps\Glitches ARE allowed. eg. Level skip, Hammer Drop, ladder cheat.
7. A kill screen game will be defined as a game that reaches lvl 22, if you die trying to level skip ill give it to you.
8. I will check all submissions for correct settings and the score and lvl reached before adding to the List.
9. ANY SCORE on the list may be challenged and put under further scrutiny if a player thinks something is wrong.

That's what i have so far its preety relaxed rule set but it seems to be what people are after
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2013, 02:23:37 pm »
6. All known warps\Glitches ARE allowed. eg. Level skip, Hammer Drop, ladder cheat.
7. A kill screen game will be defined as a game that reaches lvl 22, if you die trying to level skip ill give it to you.

^^^^^^^^
Woo hoo doggy!  Love it!

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2013, 04:34:24 pm »
Love it. I think simply having a 'challenge score' clause like you do will help deal with a multitude of problems.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 05:47:02 pm »
So i'm just going to jot down some submission rules and see what everyone thinks.

1. scores uploaded to twin galaxies\Marp\Aurcade\RetroUprising will automatically be accepted to the list
I like RetroUprising a lot, but the one potential problem with RetroUprising scores is that you're allowed to pause during recordings there which you can't do for TG, MARP, Aurcade or any other real arcade.  I'm not sure how concerned folks are about that, and maybe there's a way to distinguish RetroUprising scores that had a pause and disallow those for submissions.
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 06:10:41 pm »
Hey I want to join!

558,200 KS here :D

http://www.twitch.tv/danman123456/c/3222599
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Simpsons99

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 07:12:56 pm »

I like RetroUprising a lot, but the one potential problem with RetroUprising scores is that you're allowed to pause during recordings there which you can't do for TG, MARP, Aurcade or any other real arcade.  I'm not sure how concerned folks are about that, and maybe there's a way to distinguish RetroUprising scores that had a pause and disallow those for submissions.

Yeah the hole Pausing thing is a major thing to consider..  Taking breaks and eating , Bathroom that kind of thing .

Offline Josephjo

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28:34 pm »

Yeah the hole Pausing thing is a major thing to consider..  Taking breaks and eating , Bathroom that kind of thing .

Pauses are registered when a player submits a score at RU. I've Pm'd Nick the details of which ones on his list (2) were paused during gameplay.
" Its not how you play the game but who you have backing up the bullshit."

From The Book Of Sczerby 2:18
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 07:50:29 pm »
Pauses are registered when a player submits a score at RU. I've Pm'd Nick the details of which ones on his list (2) were paused during gameplay.
Thanks JosephJo!  I'd forgot you were a member here or else I would have asked you first :)
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 10:14:16 pm »
My best is 616,500 om MAME I streamed it live about a year ago, but it isn't saved all I have is a picture.  I will have to maybe get back into it again and go for a higher score.

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 11:04:00 pm »
Ok first a big thanks to josephjo, who has offered to check all RU scores for pausing.
This should put peoples minds at ease.
He has also offered that he will verify and upload to youtube any "monster scores" so that should be a little incentive.
Here is a little update to the submission rules let me know if anything is missing.

1. This list is for Crazy Kong Part 2 Falcon bootleg
2. scores uploaded to twin galaxies\Marp\Aurcade\RetroUprising will automatically be accepted to the list
3. Mame submissions to be done in wolfmame 106 or higher only.
4. Mame submissions to be accompanied with Inp and wlf where applicable.
5. Pausing is not allowed in mame, if you try on RetroUprising we will find out.
6. It is preferable that games are streamed live although not mandatory.
7. Arcade submissions must be streamed live and must show 1 full cycle of attract mode either before or after game is played.
8. All known warps\Glitches ARE allowed. eg. Level skip, Hammer Drop, ladder cheat.
9. A kill screen game will be defined as a game that reaches lvl 22, if you die trying to level skip ill give it to you.
10. I will check all submissions for correct settings and the score and lvl reached before adding to the List.
11. ANY SCORE on the list may be challenged and put under further scrutiny if a player thinks something is wrong.

If everyone is happy with this, ill start taking submissions.
Nick
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer