Author Topic: In depth anailysy of KOK as fact or fiction (maily fiction)  (Read 16048 times)

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Coreys defense of KOK and Steve W, torn to shreads!
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 10:58:15 am »
Again, we could beat the top League of Legends teams if we put as much time and effort into that game as we do this game.

And being the best at LoL comes with a pretty nice prize, usually $1,000,000.

Although, I think I would be better off getting a job at Costco...at least that would be a guaranteed $40k, unless I got fired for skipping work to play DK.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 12:57:46 pm »
  A McDonald's employee makes more than $10K a year and I'm pretty sure none of them are saying their annual income is changing their life.   In fact, Costco employees make $40K a year.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/06/news/economy/costco-fast-food-strikes/

If I worked at McDonald's, and got the $16k a year for working full time it would change my life at the present.  Most likely though Tim has a better life than me at the present moment.  Heck, most likely every single person posting in this forum has a better life than me.   Yes, my life sucks that bad. :(
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 01:22:45 pm »
(I'm being serious, but joking here)  Excitement I could see... but financial remuneration changing your life?  Now, I'm not saying $10K is a small chunk of change.   If I went to Vegas and won $10K I'd be jumping for joy.  However, consider the amount of time you've invested in DK and how much you could have earned if you worked at McDonald's for that same amount of time.  I'd say most of us (1st and 2nd gen players) have played at least 1 year "full-time."  A McDonald's employee makes more than $10K a year and I'm pretty sure none of them are saying their annual income is changing their life.   In fact, Costco employees make $40K a year.

wow... I did some maths (srs), and 40 hours per week x 52 weeks = pretty much 2k hours. And I assume I played pretty much 3k hours of DK since the beginning. And I also watched pretty much 9k hours of DK streaming, so = 12k total hours involved with DK. And considering I started getting involved with DK pretty much exactly 5 years ago.... it means I've been involved with DK like 50 hours per week... therefore, I've been doing extra-time on DK each single week since I started getting involved with DK!

The awkward moment when you realized you spent more time with DK for the last 5 years than actually living your life..... but still totally worth it!  ;)
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 02:55:43 pm »
I agree about the double hammer , there are still players that can only hit 950-980k with using double hammer.

The only thing i dont quite understand about Sanders is signing his name "the original kong of kong." Don't understand what that means. Hope it's not because of the claimed score.

But yeah, any part in the film would have been a fun experience.

Steve Saunders may have been the original "KING of CON".......but he never had the record on DK, yet he profits off his fake score by appearing in KOK?  My real score is cast with aspersions and negated?

I guess It depends on ones view point how you want to define "The King of Kong". Billy set the record in 1982. It officially stood for 18 years (not over 20 as the fictional film KOK states)  until 8/16/2000.

If you define" King of Kong" as the first person to actually, officially  beat this score billy set in 1982, that title officially and historically belongs to me.

Too bad when my  subject material came up for a film Idea, I did not get compensated for it like the others. :(
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 03:02:51 pm »
Again, we could beat the top League of Legends teams if we put as much time and effort into that game as we do this game.

And being the best at LoL comes with a pretty nice prize, usually $1,000,000.

Although, I think I would be better off getting a job at Costco...at least that would be a guaranteed $40k, unless I got fired for skipping work to play DK.

I think your missing the point here. Why shouldn't I have been compensated when the producers of KOK obviously used an exploited for profit, subject material and an  achievement based on something I had accomplished first and can still prove to this day with archival documents and an actual video from 8/16/2000?
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 03:06:55 pm »
Tim, maybe we should rename this thread to An Analysis of The King of Kong or something like that. It may be a little more suited to our actual discussion.

Sounds good to me

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 03:11:02 pm »
Sorry if a little OT but..

From the interview with Tim.

If a technique does exist for point pressing over one million, I don't know about it nor do I ever expect to be informed of it because trust me, no one would ever, ever, want to compete against me if I did!

Go for it! Honestly! I want to see you on the first place again!

I no longer have an actual arcade machine to play on.

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 03:30:31 pm »
Tim, didn't you say Walter called you during the filming and said something along of the lines of "we're sitting on something big here."  Why didn't you jump on it at that point?

TIM SAYS: I've mentioned this in the past several times. As it turned out I was never planned to be in this "BIG" something Walter mentioned. It was in the summer of 2007, I got a call from both Walter and Billy. This was the first I ever knew there was flim interest in the subject material. Walter seemed upset as to how Billy was portrayed in the film. Billy was't too happy with it either.

TIM SAYS I was shocked they wrote out my 2000 score in thier time line. Not only this but aspersions were cast on my 2000 score to make it seem as if it never happened at all.

TIM SAYS: It was also mentioned to me that a feature film was planned based on KOK. This concept of a feature film based on KOK was an idea known as far back as 2007 that I know of.

TIM SAYS: One of the last things I remember Walter saying to be was and I qoute "you should start playing again as youre sittiing on something big"

TIM SAYS: Honestly, aside from small clips here and there I never saw KOK as it is listed as a DOC........I know better.

I couldn't tell you how much excitement I would've got participating in said film and the financial remuneration derived from would've changed my life for the better.

(I'm being serious, but joking here)  Excitement I could see... but financial remuneration changing your life? 

TIM SAYS : YES

Now, I'm not saying $10K is a small chunk of change.   If I went to Vegas and won $10K I'd be jumping for joy.  However, consider the amount of time you've invested in DK and how much you could have earned if you worked at McDonald's for that same amount of time.  I'd say most of us (1st and 2nd gen players) have played at least 1 year "full-time."  A McDonald's employee makes more than $10K a year and I'm pretty sure none of them are saying their annual income is changing their life.   In fact, Costco employees make $40K a year.

TIM SAYS: I think your missing the point. Why should'nt  I be compensated for subject material that was exploited by Seth Gordon for profit  that was obviously based on an achievement that I had accomplished first and was historicaly apart of?

TIM SAYS  After all, the other  main co-conspirators.......er I ....mean....main players were paid.

TIM SAYS: I know in Steves world, 10k is probably just considered  champagne money, but in my world, a payday like that could've been life altering for the better. Given the true historical context of the subject material Seth Gordon was exploiting, I as do many others, think I deserved it.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/06/news/economy/costco-fast-food-strikes/

corey.chambers

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 05:18:51 pm »
Tim, maybe we should rename this thread to An Analysis of The King of Kong or something like that. It may be a little more suited to our actual discussion.

Sounds good to me

I believe that since you started this thread you would be the only person who can edit the title of your original first post.

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 11:11:42 am »
Oh stuff gets edited out mid sentence most definitely. I bet Walter could have had his sentence cut out just to what he said about billys score. Even the Steve was a basketball player was cut to Steve was a basketball.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 11:16:21 am »
He wasnt actually a basketball???
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 11:54:36 am »
He wasnt actually a basketball???

To be honest, Ken, what you just said might be the most controversial thing about this documentary. I can't believe he wasn't a basketball... I were living in a lie for the past 6 years...
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: In depth anailysy of KOK as fact or fiction (maily fiction)
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 10:31:06 am »
I still believe that he was a basketball.  He transformed into a human, later in life.  You see Steve is special...
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
Re: In depth anailysy of KOK as fact or fiction (maily fiction)
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 01:25:41 pm »
He was a basketball.  That part wasn't edited.  He was also a 'starving grunge band'.  Didja catch that as well?

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
Old Video proves KOK was based on a lie!
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2013, 06:23:14 am »
I just tracked down a VCR and played that 8/16/2000 game of Donkey Kong....the first documented game that broke billys 1982 DK record and NOT Steve Wiebie as dishonestly portrayed in the film KOK.

The video quality is good and the game is visible from start to finish with no breaks in continuity. I think I had 600k just on one man.

NOTE: The TG rules at the time were different then, not like today, so I don't expect anyone with critical thinking to retroactively apply the TG rules of today to the same game that did conform to TG rules over 13 years ago.

I will be cleaning up the video quality and will have a public showing on my justin TV channel the day BEFORE the KONG OFF!

This should make for some interesting questions for Billy, Steve Wiebie, and Walter Day,  to answer.

Also looking for the old "TG spin" to cover themselves but the facts are pretty cut and dry now.

I'll start off with few intelligent  questions I'd like to see answered after over 6 years:

Walter D. "Why did you cover up this WR score set on  8/16/2000 that was documented and verified on TG's own site for 3 years and remains in place today?"

Steve W.  "Why did you take credit for someone else's previous gaming accomplishment and exploit it as your own for profit in the film?

Steve W. and Walter D. "Do you think it was fair you were paid money for exploiting anothers achievement? "When do you intend to make up for this gross derelict  of arcade score keeping and misrepresentation of facts or will you continue to show the gaming scene what little character you really have by allowing this unresolved issue to continue inspite of the facts, documentation and proof to your contrary?"

Walter D. "Do you think it was fair that TG discredited a legit score inspite of the facts so you and a select insiders could profit?"

Steve W. "Do you think its fair that you got paid money for exploiting another gamers accomplishment as your own?"

Seriously looking foward to these answers.

Would make any Q and A's at the Kong off interesting.