Author Topic: Point pressing the springs on the top level of the elevators  (Read 5298 times)

Drunkguy89

Point pressing the springs on the top level of the elevators
« on: August 04, 2013, 10:48:46 am »
Was practicing save states on the elevator stage trying to jump the springs when I noticed you can snag 100 points off the overhead springs while in the yellow safe zone,

I thought it would be worth throwing it out there but im guessing its useless since the bonus timer is more than likely ticking away faster than you can aquire the points, plus if your at the safe zone the main goal is to just finish the level since grinding the fireball/springs on the right hand side are more fruitful in terms of points, I also noticed that you can snatch 100 points of the springs as they fall (with you standing on the top girder [on kongs girder] to the right edge)

I didnt know if this was known already but im guessing it is and just isnt used because it does'nt give as much points as other oppertunities on the elevator stage, video link below (I dont know how to post videos directally onto the threads)....

http://www.twitch.tv/drunkguy89/c/2691057

corey.chambers

Re: Point pressing the springs on the top level of the elevators
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:51:53 am »
In the video, it looks like you are getting 100 points once every other spring so are losing 100 points in the scheme of things.

Drunkguy89

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:59:38 am »
yeah I agree, jumping to the right seemed to be the only way to snag the points meaning backtracking to the left was necessary, unless points can be leatched off each spring, but i couldnt see how that was possible, straight jumping would place you right into the path of the spring, still though, food for thought.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:31:33 am by Drunkguy89 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:22:59 am »
Yeah, what Corey pointed out. And even if you could leech every spring (a year or so ago, several of us tried to figure out a way to do this... to no avail), you wouldn't really be gaining any points. Ultimately, leeching springs up top will only be helpful if you can learn to do them either 1) when you are waiting for the right kind of spring to head for the ladder, or 2) while you actually are making your way to climb the ladder. Sadly, to utilize these methods, it is as Walter says: "Because for you to get a single point further in an old game from the early eighties meant a tremendous increase of skill."
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer