Author Topic: 100th place is now 361,200!  (Read 19864 times)

giv

Re: 100th place is now 361,200!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 07:13:55 am »

I would say that 8 out of the top 9 are there simply because their mental abilities are much stronger than the rest of the population.   

So who's the one you think isn't very bright?

hchien

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 07:25:51 am »
I would say that 8 out of the top 9 are there simply because their mental abilities are much stronger than the rest of the population.

Are you trying to break my world record for most Vincent Lemay insults?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 08:21:57 am »

Are you trying to break my world record for most Vincent Lemay insults?

Maybe. 8)  LOL you sussed out who my 1 in 9 was!

OK, I'll explain my rubric, and why I picked Vincent Lemay out as the bright (120 IQ), but not near genius level intelligence (140/150 IQ and up)

1st) I eliminated those that had Phd's.  So Hank Chien was out.
2nd) I eliminated those who got a very high score without playing the game a ton of times.  That eliminated Jeff Willms, Robbie Lakeman, and Phil Tudose.
3rd) I eliminated those who got a significant score from other games without playing those games that much.  That eliminated Dean Saglio who has done great at Zookeeper while rarely playing it.
4th) I eliminated those who have done great at this game without help that people in the current day have.  So that eliminated Steve Wiebe, and Billy Mitchell.
5th) I eliminated those with amazing scores on other games.  Mark Kiehl's 1.4 million score on Donkey Kong Junior is simply amazing, and so I eliminated him.

So that left Vincent Lemay who has played this game a ton of times, with no Phd, with no amazing scores from other games, and who has had help along the way to his great Donkey Kong score.  Finally there was one major thing I remember Vincent saying that made me single him out.  He had trouble with Donkey Kong literally for months early on without any significant progress.

But I don't think of this as a bad thing.  He in my mind is a hero to the non near genius gamer.  The guy who proved that through a lot of dedication, and perseverance that one can have one of the highest scores of all time on the most competitive classic arcade game out there.  If this was tennis he would be David Ferrer.  If this was golf he would be Vijah Sing.  People who were not known as the most talented people in their field, but were known as the hardest workers in their field, and were able to have tremendous success through their hard work.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:23:54 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 08:43:51 am »
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 09:02:34 am »
Hahaha, wow. George is bringing the insult to a whole new level!

I do agree in a way what George said, but in the other way, that was still kindda mean, lol. Is it how people see me, as the dumb guy that is only good at lifting weights?

It would be like me making a reference about 8 out of the 9 best DK players that don't live a healthy lifestyle as myself, and making a description of each one and say why they don't live a healthy lifestyle. Although it's true in a certain way, it's still mean to say  ;).

But don't worry mate, obviously, you didn't say that to offend me, and I'm not offended. But to openly point one person about his lack of "ability" in a definite aspect isn't always nice to say/hear (because this "lack of ability" hasn't always been easy for me mate  ;)).

But hey! At least I can bench press 400 pounds! lol

1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 09:43:57 am »

If you changed "BRAIN" to "BRIAN" that would be the perfect Allen Staal vs Brian Allen T-shirt. 
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 09:47:54 am »
Hahaha, wow. George is bringing the insult to a whole new level!

I do agree in a way what George said, but in the other way, that was still kindda mean, lol. Is it how people see me, as the dumb guy that is only good at lifting weights?

It would be like me making a reference about 8 out of the 9 best DK players that don't live a healthy lifestyle as myself, and making a description of each one and say why they don't live a healthy lifestyle. Although it's true in a certain way, it's still mean to say  ;).

But don't worry mate, obviously, you didn't say that to offend me, and I'm not offended. But to openly point one person about his lack of "ability" in a definite aspect isn't always nice to say/hear (because this "lack of ability" hasn't always been easy for me mate  ;)).

But hey! At least I can bench press 400 pounds! lol

OK, OK, I'm sorry for calling you bright.  I hope that makes you feel better. ;)

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 10:09:55 am »
Don't worry, I only cried for 2 hours after reading what you wrote. lol

When I was born, I got 2 options: To have an extraordinary memory and be very bright
Or to have big big big muscles

Unfortunately, I don't remember which one I took...  ;)

Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 10:26:33 am »

When I was born, I got 2 options: To have an extraordinary memory and be very bright

As a bonus option, you were also blessed with a gregarious, easygoing personality and a great sense of humor.   :)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 10:31:22 am »
As a bonus option, you were also blessed with a gregarious, easygoing personality and a great sense of humor.   

Did you forget to put "(no homo)" at the end of what you just said? Just making sure  ;)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 10:33:27 am »

Well if it makes you feel any better I was given neither option.  I also never got the socially well adjusted or financially well off option either.  My only option was being the greatest at pretending to be a florist that shoots at bugs.  ;D

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

giv

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 10:39:49 am »
There are different types of intelligence. For example, George being insulting and not realizing it is an indication of his lack of social intelligence. "People smarts."

How many top DK players can speak more than one language? Linguistic intelligence. "Word smarts"

Vincent has a point about living a healthy lifestyle. He has "body smarts"

"Musical smarts" is another kind of intelligence. You certainly don't need to be a genius to be a musical genius.

I'm not a big fan of the Intelligence Quotient. I don't think it presents an accurate picture of general intelligence in society.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:43:46 am by giv »

giv

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 10:50:21 am »
My only option was being the greatest at pretending to be a florist that shoots at bugs.  ;D

I didn't know Stanley was the owner of the greenhouse, the florist protecting his own plants. I always thought he was a contracted exterminator. Stanley the bugman.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 10:54:23 am »
There are different types of intelligence. For example, George being insulting and not realizing it is an indication of his lack of social intelligence. "People smarts."

Well I could be worse.  I originally thought of bringing examples of people who I thought were of average intelligence, or even bellow average intelligence, but thought better of it.   My lips are sealed on that one. :-X  Even if you guess who I was thinking of. ;D

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 11:43:27 am »
Well I could be worse.  I originally thought of bringing examples of people who I thought were of average intelligence, or even bellow average intelligence, but thought better of it.   My lips are sealed on that one. :-X  Even if you guess who I was thinking of. ;D

Less Muscles
More BrIAn
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:46:52 am by Scoundrl »
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer