Author Topic: DKJR Score Submissions  (Read 230091 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2018, 02:09:28 am »
 <Pigger>

Trifuckta, got.

Junior - 1,167,000
WolfMAME 0.200
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302432179

Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2018, 02:50:43 am »
<Pigger>

Trifuckta, got.

Junior - 1,167,000
WolfMAME 0.200
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302432179

Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm
Kreygasm
Well done, sir. With this score you've achieved the Trifecta and reached Rank C in DK Masters. I was lucky enough to watch most of this live, so the verification was quick and your score has been updated on the DKJR HSL. You're a force to be reckoned with, sir.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2018, 07:14:46 am »
OK, watched the whole game except major portions of the point pressing on the spark stage.  Awesome job getting that C Badge, and the Trifecta Badge!  Now some thoughts.  I really think you should just get the 1.2 million out of the way for DKJr. now.  You don't have to do much to do it either.  So here are some tips.

1.  Just save state practice the three fruit smash on the spark stage.  I swear you missed at least ten of those.  So that's 16,000 extra points.  So now you're looking at a 1.183 million score.

2.  I think you would do well to go for the 3 snapper smash on the the top fruit of the Jungle board.  You might be losing at least 500 points a board because you are not doing that.  So 20 X 500=10,000.  Now you are at 1.193 million.

3. You definitely can do better on the the Dean strat.  I saw you get a lot of 100 points instead of the 300 points you could get with.  Clean up your Dean strat play and you'll definitely be easily over 1.2 million.

So what I am saying is you don't have to point press the Jungle board to get your 1.2 million.  Just clean up your game a tad bit, and you'll be over the 1.2 million mark. 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2018, 07:50:48 am »
Or just stop losing men
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2018, 12:49:02 pm »
The goal was 1.1m so I played safe in some areas especially late game. If I had a few more death points and got to the KS it would have been close to 1.2m. If/when I come back it will be for 1.3m
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2018, 07:30:59 am »
The goal was 1.1m so I played safe in some areas especially late game. If I had a few more death points and got to the KS it would have been close to 1.2m. If/when I come back it will be for 1.3m
Just a warning though.  1.3 million is much, much harder to get than 1.2 million.  It's the same difficulty increase from 925k, to 1.025 million in Donkey Kong.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2018, 10:14:01 pm »
...Anyone here? No? Guess I can submit this weak Junior score without much scrutiny in that case... <blinky>
Also, top 100 hype. Woo...
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Lyriell

• Awards
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2018, 01:40:55 am »
So I am going to ask a dangerous question here, and feel free to tell me I know the rules...

But is there any possibility of accepting a score set on the Switch version of Donkey Kong Archives?
I'm going to guess not because sooner or later people will probably start hacking sores somehow like every online leaderboard, but seeing I just smashed my previous score and set a personal best of 806,100 I thought I'd ask...

Don't worry, I won't take it badly if not :)  Just means I have to play more Kong!
Member for 6 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Lyriell

• Awards
« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2018, 02:32:24 am »
Also... my bad...  posted this in the DKjnr area instead on normal DK  :(

How embarrassing.
Member for 6 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2018, 01:02:56 pm »
So I am going to ask a dangerous question here, and feel free to tell me I know the rules...

But is there any possibility of accepting a score set on the Switch version of Donkey Kong Archives?
I'm going to guess not because sooner or later people will probably start hacking sores somehow like every online leaderboard, but seeing I just smashed my previous score and set a personal best of 806,100 I thought I'd ask...

Don't worry, I won't take it badly if not :)  Just means I have to play more Kong!

Unfortunately Switch scores are not currently accepted and I don't think they will be for the foreseeable future. Great score though!

Also... my bad...  posted this in the DKjnr area instead on normal DK  :(

How embarrassing.

Unacceptable. BANNED.  Kappa
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2018, 01:16:34 pm »
...Anyone here? No? Guess I can submit this weak Junior score without much scrutiny in that case... <blinky>
Also, top 100 hype. Woo...

Verified and added to the DKJR HSL!

Offline JasonV91

• Awards
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2019, 10:29:42 pm »
Never thought I would give this game some time, but I decided to put my holiday break to good use, and have tried to learn it over the last few days  <confused>
Had a big PB jump tonight, so figured this would be a good time for an initial entry on the leaderboard:

WolfMAME 0.199

No Twitch stream because I don't think anyone wants to see me reset a million times after stupid deaths, especially while point-pressing sparks  :)

Going to keep playing a bit - hoping for more breakthroughs before any real frustration sets in!
Member for 5 Years DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2019, 12:36:25 am »
Decided to quickly up my PB a bit so that Jason's new score doesn't bump me out of the top 100. Kappa
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline JasonV91

• Awards
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2019, 05:59:15 am »
Decided to quickly up my PB a bit so that Jason's new score doesn't bump me out of the top 100. Kappa
Oops! Sorry about that Flob.

So you're Junior-ing too eh? Takes some getting used to, don't you think? It's no DK, but I'm also not hating it either...keep at it, we can race to a million  Kappa
Member for 5 Years DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2019, 07:50:06 am »
No people will want to watch you point press sparks.  It doesn't get streamed that often, and so it provides an alternative to the monotonous Donkey Kong streamed game.  Also, congrats to Flobeamer for remaining in the top 100!  I see a couple of really good players are about to be bumped out of the top 100.  J.D. Lowe at 100, and Phil Tudose at 98.
Yep, and congrats to Jason V for making the 200k club.  8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard