Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1442798 times)

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #2310 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:23 pm »
Tanner Fokkens
21-4
1/11/18
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217737349
Edit: Here is a higher quality youtube upload: https://youtu.be/BCOjeD-NkMo
Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm FailFish FailFish FailFish Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:17:28 pm by tilt »
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2311 on: January 12, 2018, 07:04:25 am »
Congrats Tanner  Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #2312 on: January 12, 2018, 07:07:21 am »
Way to go Tanner!  Glad to see you submitting again
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2313 on: January 12, 2018, 05:43:11 pm »
Want to make sure my settings are right in MAME for submissions before I get a good score and find out something is messed up. All dumb deaths.

Date was 1/10/2018. Comments/advice on general play style welcomed. I do know how to not die in every spot I died, just silly unforced errors. Goal with this approximate level of pressing is 1.15, and If I wanted 1.2 I would add g6 backjumping,more multi-girder rejumps of triples, and I’d stop panic grabbing. Oh, and I wouldn’t be happy with 0 point deaths because I jumped a few frames late on elevator making retreat impossible.

But to be fair, I really just want to make sure that my settings are right so the game I want to have will actually be accepted.

Your submission looks good! Your INP has been verified and your score has been added to the HSL. I've listed your name as "dnickolas", so let me know if you want something different. The only thing I would recommend (for my own sanity) is using a different version of WolfMAME. 0.179 has a bug in the way the recorded speed is displayed. It makes it a real pain to verify that INPs are above the 90% average recorded speed threshold (yours was good, 100.000504%). 179 is the only version with that bug, so you can go back a version or forward a version and you'll be fine.

As for comments/advice, I'll have to leave that to better players.  All I can say is...don't die. ;D
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2314 on: January 12, 2018, 05:45:05 pm »
Tanner Fokkens
21-4
1/11/18
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217737349
Edit: Here is a higher quality youtube upload: https://youtu.be/BCOjeD-NkMo
Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm FailFish FailFish FailFish Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

Congrats sir! Your score has been verified and updated on the HSL. That moves you to #29 overall, and the #25 all-time arcade score! Keep going good!

kongtrac.kr summary
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #2315 on: January 12, 2018, 05:57:02 pm »
OK I’ll go to .191 then - I’m on that on my other machine anyhow and thought this one had it.

Thanks a lot - now I’m free to try more runs.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2316 on: January 12, 2018, 10:45:32 pm »
Submitting for my new DK PB..... 1,031,200.
Here is the Twitch highlight link:

www.twitch.tv/videos/218047153

Thanks!
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2317 on: January 13, 2018, 03:30:16 am »
Submitting for my new DK PB..... 1,031,200.
Here is the Twitch highlight link:

www.twitch.tv/videos/218047153

Thanks!

Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm
This is one 1M+ score I think a lot of us were very eager to see! Congratulations sir! Your PB has been verified and updated on the HSL! Glad I could catch most of it live. Now it's time for the 1.1M grind.  :D

kongtrac.kr summary

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2318 on: January 13, 2018, 08:56:34 am »
gg's tanner and estel  <Walter>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2319 on: January 13, 2018, 10:41:09 am »
Great work, Estel!  Hopefully I'll be joining the list before the year is over.  Sorry, I mean to say before my life is over.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline guwu

• Awards
« Reply #2320 on: January 13, 2018, 11:24:12 am »
Welcome to DKF! Unfortunately I was unable to play back your INP.  :( The INP looks like a WolfMAME 0.189 INP, and I used the Windows and Linux versions of 0.189, but the playback desyncs very early in the game (meaning the game dies off, but I can still see your inputs as if you're still playing). Did you use a different front-end for WolfMAME, or a different build?

I compiled the WolfMAME V0.189 sources on my Mac and use this build for playing and recording DK sessions. To be honest I do not have a clue why the resulting INP does cause such issues on a Windows or Linux system... Bad luck for me, maybe I'll switch to the Windows build of WolfMAME running in a VM on my system and try that out.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your effort and letting me know of the issues!

Cheers,
Guido

Ok, that makes sense as I've seen that issue before. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac to verify scores (a newer one anyway), so if it's not too much a trouble, creating a Windows/Linux INP would be greatly appreciated. We certainly want to get you on the scoreboard, so we'll work something out! Thanks for your patience!

So, another try. This time the inp was recorded on a Windows 7 machine running WolfMAME v0.189 and can hopefully be verified. The score itself is not as good as that from my first submission but it's still ok (at least for me), so let's try and get it on the scoreboard ;)

Guido Wulf
18/01/13
DK (MAME): 270,400
DK (MAME) Start: 102,800
DK (MAME) 1-1: 9,600
Member for 6 Years

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #2321 on: January 13, 2018, 11:46:18 am »
Way to go Estel mate!   Lit
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2322 on: January 13, 2018, 09:02:17 pm »
Welcome to DKF! Unfortunately I was unable to play back your INP.  :( The INP looks like a WolfMAME 0.189 INP, and I used the Windows and Linux versions of 0.189, but the playback desyncs very early in the game (meaning the game dies off, but I can still see your inputs as if you're still playing). Did you use a different front-end for WolfMAME, or a different build?

I compiled the WolfMAME V0.189 sources on my Mac and use this build for playing and recording DK sessions. To be honest I do not have a clue why the resulting INP does cause such issues on a Windows or Linux system... Bad luck for me, maybe I'll switch to the Windows build of WolfMAME running in a VM on my system and try that out.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your effort and letting me know of the issues!

Cheers,
Guido

Ok, that makes sense as I've seen that issue before. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac to verify scores (a newer one anyway), so if it's not too much a trouble, creating a Windows/Linux INP would be greatly appreciated. We certainly want to get you on the scoreboard, so we'll work something out! Thanks for your patience!

So, another try. This time the inp was recorded on a Windows 7 machine running WolfMAME v0.189 and can hopefully be verified. The score itself is not as good as that from my first submission but it's still ok (at least for me), so let's try and get it on the scoreboard ;)

Guido Wulf
18/01/13

This one worked perfectly! Thanks! Your score has been verified and added to the DKF HSL. Hope to see more scores from you soon!

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #2323 on: January 15, 2018, 09:34:24 pm »
OK here's another run. Also not great but it's a "low pace" run a bit deeper. About 650k, level 15 or 16, this time on wolfmame 193 (apparently that's the new one - I upgraded both machines to that now). Hopefully this one is better than the 179 I used last time. A 450k man is the best part of this.

Not even top 100. Boo.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:46:08 am by dnickolas »
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2324 on: January 16, 2018, 08:00:21 pm »
OK here's another run. Also not great but it's a "low pace" run a bit deeper. About 650k, level 15 or 16, this time on wolfmame 193 (apparently that's the new one - I upgraded both machines to that now). Hopefully this one is better than the 179 I used last time. A 450k man is the best part of this.

Not even top 100. Boo.

Everything looks good! Great score, sir! Your INP has been verified and your score has been updated on the HSL.

kongtrac.kr summary