Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1440345 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #1950 on: November 08, 2016, 04:05:21 am »
I'd like to post a score of 148,100 for Jackson Serrano.  This is his first MAME submission so please let me know if we are missing a step  :-/.  The inp file is attached.  His Youtube video is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmsjogFh76A

Video and INP (WolfMAME 0.149) look good! Congrats, Jackson! Your score has been verified and updated on the HSL. You're now starting to outscore adults that have tried their hand at this game in the past couple of years!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JumpmanJack

• Awards
« Reply #1951 on: November 08, 2016, 11:35:41 am »
Thanks for the encouragement guys!  Little Jack is pretty stoked ;)
Member for 7 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #1952 on: November 12, 2016, 01:50:42 pm »
I guess I better start joining the list . . .

407,400, done at RU. 

Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #1953 on: November 12, 2016, 06:33:23 pm »
tim Kreygasm very nice first submission. 400k shows that you know enough to be able to killscreen, now you have to execute consistently :)

GG!
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #1954 on: November 12, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »
Thanks, Andrew.  Consistency is always my issue with this game.  4 out of 5 games I'm dying a boneheaded death before L5. 
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1955 on: November 14, 2016, 06:47:03 am »
I guess I better start joining the list . . .

407,400, done at RU.

Congrats, sir! Your score has been verified. Welcome to the HSL!

KongTrackr summary
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #1956 on: November 14, 2016, 01:35:25 pm »

Congrats, sir! Your score has been verified.

STATS!  Thanks.  I didn't realize I'd had a 10k+ pie level in there. 

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #1957 on: November 14, 2016, 02:30:44 pm »

Get em Tim
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

bencrooch

« Reply #1958 on: November 15, 2016, 05:57:23 am »
Hey guys!  Im submitting my first DK score!  I hope I did everything correct!  It was on my Table arcade machine sn:02823.  Got a score of 251,000!  My first time to get to level 8 and over 250K!  Here is the link to the Youtube page! 
Thanx!  Next stop 300K!!

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1959 on: November 15, 2016, 08:39:58 pm »
Hi Ben,

Jeremy asked me my opinion about this submission, because I have some expertise on DK board sets.

As you may or may not know, DK was "patched" in December of 1981 to fix a couple of things. The majority of boards that were produced have the patched version, and that's the only one that can be used for score submissions, because the unpatched version has a bug that the player can exploit.

To know whether or not you are playing on the patched version, we would need to see one of two things: either the title screen, or the part number on the board set. Unfortunately, your video shows neither.

If the title screen says "Nintendo of America," it means you're running the patched version. But if it says "Nintendo," you're running the unpatched one. You have credits on the machine, so the attract mode can't cycle, therefore we can't see the title screen.

As for the board set, you showed it, but you didn't show the part number (which is understandable, because you'd have to pull it out).

All cocktail cabs use the 4-board stack, but some have the patched version and some don't. The part number will tell you. If it's TKG-2 or TKG-3-6 (or less than 6), it's the unpatched version. If it's TKG-3-7, it'll be the patched version and you're all set.

You showed the serial plate on your cab, but that won't give any conclusive answers, because any board set could be in any cabinet, and the board is what matters.

So unfortunately, I don't know if Jeremy will be able to accept this submission as-is.

Next time, I recommend running off any credits in the machine, or even just power-cycling it after your game, to make sure the title screen is shown. That's the easiest method. If you want to be really ironclad, you can pull the board out to show the part number.

This is of course Jeremy's call, but if you can do 250K once, I am sure you can do it again. :)
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1960 on: November 16, 2016, 01:28:00 am »
Hey guys!  Im submitting my first DK score!  I hope I did everything correct!  It was on my Table arcade machine sn:02823.  Got a score of 251,000!  My first time to get to level 8 and over 250K!  Here is the link to the Youtube page!  https://youtu.be/Q2YkBliCyVM

Thanx!  Next stop 300K!!

Hi Ben,

Jeremy asked me my opinion about this submission, because I have some expertise on DK board sets.

As you may or may not know, DK was "patched" in December of 1981 to fix a couple of things. The majority of boards that were produced have the patched version, and that's the only one that can be used for score submissions, because the unpatched version has a bug that the player can exploit.

To know whether or not you are playing on the patched version, we would need to see one of two things: either the title screen, or the part number on the board set. Unfortunately, your video shows neither.

If the title screen says "Nintendo of America," it means you're running the patched version. But if it says "Nintendo," you're running the unpatched one. You have credits on the machine, so the attract mode can't cycle, therefore we can't see the title screen.

As for the board set, you showed it, but you didn't show the part number (which is understandable, because you'd have to pull it out).

All cocktail cabs use the 4-board stack, but some have the patched version and some don't. The part number will tell you. If it's TKG-2 or TKG-3-6 (or less than 6), it's the unpatched version. If it's TKG-3-7, it'll be the patched version and you're all set.

You showed the serial plate on your cab, but that won't give any conclusive answers, because any board set could be in any cabinet, and the board is what matters.

So unfortunately, I don't know if Jeremy will be able to accept this submission as-is.

Next time, I recommend running off any credits in the machine, or even just power-cycling it after your game, to make sure the title screen is shown. That's the easiest method. If you want to be really ironclad, you can pull the board out to show the part number.

This is of course Jeremy's call, but if you can do 250K once, I am sure you can do it again. :)

As Chris has outlined, it is important to determine which version of the code is running on this board. Since it doesn't look like we can determine that from this video, I'm going to hold off on accepting. I recommend everyone check out All About DK ROM sets and PCBs for more information.

We have accepted TKG-3 scores before (Dan Dock, I believe), because we could verify that it was running the newer code. So, Ben, if you can show us the information Chris has specified (full title screen with "Nintendo of America" and/or part number TKG-3-7 on the actual board), then we can get you on the scoreboard with your next submission!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:42:40 am by xelnia »

Blaise

« Reply #1961 on: November 19, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »
  Hello, I’m Blaise Tassone, a new member in the forum.

I’d like to submit my recently achieved Donkey Kong Hi-Score of 369, 300.

Score was obtained November 19, 2016 while playing on Wolfmame 0.176 [DK ROM US Set 1] and I reached level 10 –elevators screen. 

INP is attached.

Please let me know if I’m missing anything!

Thanks,
B

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #1962 on: November 20, 2016, 12:11:50 am »
Nice one sir! Great first submission. Keep going :)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #1963 on: November 20, 2016, 04:13:56 am »
  Hello, I’m Blaise Tassone, a new member in the forum.

I’d like to submit my recently achieved Donkey Kong Hi-Score of 369, 300.

Score was obtained November 19, 2016 while playing on Wolfmame 0.176 [DK ROM US Set 1] and I reached level 10 –elevators screen. 

INP is attached.

Please let me know if I’m missing anything!

Thanks,
B

Your submission looks good! Congrats on score! Your performance has been verified and your score has been added to the High Score List. You'll find some game stats attached below, as well as another summary on the KongTrackr site. Hope to see some more scores from you soon!

bencrooch

« Reply #1964 on: November 22, 2016, 09:38:13 am »
Hey guys!  Im submitting my first DK score!  I hope I did everything correct!  It was on my Table arcade machine sn:02823.  Got a score of 251,000!  My first time to get to level 8 and over 250K!  Here is the link to the Youtube page!  https://youtu.be/Q2YkBliCyVM

Thanx!  Next stop 300K!!

Hi Ben,

As Chris has outlined, it is important to determine which version of the code is running on this board. Since it doesn't look like we can determine that from this video, I'm going to hold off on accepting. I recommend everyone check out All About DK ROM sets and PCBs for more information.

We have accepted TKG-3 scores before (Dan Dock, I believe), because we could verify that it was running the newer code. So, Ben, if you can show us the information Chris has specified (full title screen with "Nintendo of America" and/or part number TKG-3-7 on the actual board), then we can get you on the scoreboard with your next submission!

Thanx guys,  I was not aware I needed to show the title screen.  Ill make sure I do it for further submissions, I plan on making some.  My machine is in OKC, OK and I am currently in the Chicago area for at least another week or two.  Ill be happy to post the board info and the title screen when I get back.  300K here I come!