Author Topic: Barry 'n Fink's DK Challenge  (Read 12371 times)

Offline bonerforce

• Awards
Re: Barry 'n Fink's DK Challenge
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2021, 11:43:45 pm »
:D
https://www.twitch.tv/bonerforce75

DK: 877,300 KS
CK: 537,300 KS
First MAME Nibbler 1B pts on TG HSL
Member for 3 Years CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline rayfinkel

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 03:33:56 pm »
The Barry 'n Fink DK Challenge tournament has officially come to a close. In total, we saw 80 people compete and aspire to reach new heights! We are truly blown away by the volume of people who showed up, submitted scores and rooted on their fellow players. The tourney was a great success.
Here were some of the standout achievements:

One particpant shattered the half-a-million mark for the first time ever. Russell Thomas - way to go! We have no doubt your first KS is right around the corner.
Speaking of the KS - the tournament saw FOUR brand new killscreeners. Congratulations to "Jimhappy", Shaun Ruhland, Michael Edwards (BF!) and Geoff Suttor for breaking through and going big! You are now a part of some very exclusive company!

Michael (bonerforce/BF) was not able to sign-up for the tournament but was a very active member of the community and achieved his first killscreen whilst the tournament was taking place, so we have chosen to include him in this list. He would prefer we send his prize money to a charity of our choice. What a man, that BF!

One man hit a new personal best and became only the 2nd player in Donkey Kong history from Australia to crack the 1-million point mark - and he did it on the very last day of the tourney! BIG congrats to Craig Tubby for his historic achievement. Absolutely awesome! His score of 1,006,300 is not only his first million, but also good enough for 3rd in the tournament!

In 2nd place overall - the man, the myth, the LEGEND - Steve Kleisath, aka Maximum Steve, aka Maximus. Steve also cracked into new PB territory within the last week and busted out a score of 1,026,900. Congrats, dude!

In 1st place - Thomas Bauer (some of you may know him as KIG666). Thomas finally cracked his long-time goal of 1.15m with an amazing score of 1,150,400 - good for 11th on the high score leaderboard!

Finally, a huge congratulations to all over you who achieved new personal bests throughout the tournament! More importantly, I hope everyone had fun. That is why we play this game, right (don't answer that...)? If, by any chance, we missed any of the bounty winners above, please shoot us a message and we will happily update this post and send you out your prize money!

Full tournament results: https://www.cagtournaments.com/InProcess/41

Thank you again to everyone that participated! We had so much fun with this thing and I wouldn't be surprised if we had another one sometime next year! Till then - take care! Bye bye now!

Offline bonerforce

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 04:01:45 pm »
I'd like to thank Barry n Fink for creating this challenge... and for being an exceptional inspiration for the whole community. Well done guys :)

For the record, I did sign up for the competition in late November after I got a KS. I've had a medical condition that has limited my ability to play comfortably. I really wasn't expecting to KS but I'm glad I did.

Congratulations to everybody that competed, we're all winners :)
https://www.twitch.tv/bonerforce75

DK: 877,300 KS
CK: 537,300 KS
First MAME Nibbler 1B pts on TG HSL
Member for 3 Years CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Online CraigT

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 04:16:27 pm »
Thanks so much for this tournament Barra and Justin.

Congrats to all, and thanks Jeremy for all your good work.
Member for 5 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline KIG666

• KIG666 MARP
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2022, 02:23:45 am »
Big thanks to Andrew and Justin for creating this challenge and huge Kongrats to all that got new PB's

Craig Tubby on his first 1M point game and Steve for his new pb.

Congrats to Michael for achieving his first killscreen and to jimhappy who also achieved his first KS, well done guys.

Thanks to all who participated  :)
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Evan04

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2022, 03:52:01 am »
Thanks to justin and barra for hosting the tourney it was fun participating, congrats to everyone who achieved pb's to getting their 1st kill screen   
Member for 3 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2022, 03:00:39 am »
Thanks everyone for playing! A lot of great scores and milestones were hit :)

May look at doing one of these again in the future. Doesn't have to be strictly myself n Fink, so hit one of us up if you're interested in getting amongst  <popcorn>

GGs  Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer