Author Topic: Robbie's 1.272  (Read 39671 times)

Offline Snowflake

• Awards
Re: Robbie's 1.272
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2021, 08:44:12 pm »
speaking as more of a observer than a member, if its ok for me to ask to make sure i understand.  The line about no further submission from robbie being accepted.  Does this mean even if his voltage was 5 volts, it was never about that nor the sound, but rather all his facebook and twitch comments about voltage? so even if he submitted/futuer submits a run that does everything properly it wont be allowed?  just trying to make sure i understand that robbie banned from submitting as opposed to i dont know, maybe you're suggesting more that you just think its unlikley he'll submit a valid score in the near future?
Member for 7 Years

Offline rayfinkel

• Awards
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2021, 09:02:54 pm »
A few thoughts from my end...

Number one, and most importantly, is that I feel like the heavy majority of this community is filled with some incredible people. Since the day I first started competing almost three years ago, I have made some really great friends in these parts and I am so incredibly thankful for that. Yeah, some people are super weird, but we're all a little off in our own ways. We play DONKEY KONG!

Two - none of this happens with you, Jeremy/Jerry/Jry/Platinum Trophy King. You are an absolute legend for what you do. The players appreciate you more than you can possibly imagine. I appreciate you more than you can possibly imagine. You already know this, but I have your back 100%. I'm sorry but resignation is simply not an option.  ;)

Three. Robbie and I have always gotten along well, though we've rarely talked. I think the world of him as a player. His talent is awesome and there is no doubt about his ability. I do think his score is completely legit on the basis that I don't think lowering the voltage does anything. As perhaps one of a very small handful of players that understands what is going on in a super high-level DK game, I can say definitively that I have seen no differences other than the usual changes in RNG between credits. What has gone down with Robbie over the last 6 months or so has truly saddened me as a fellow competitor. I do not think that deep down, Robbie is a bad guy by any means at all. So many players from back in the day have shared some great stories about him. I just don't think he understands the impact of his words and what he's saying when he goes after so many players. Voltage conspiracies, cheating accusations, super personal attacks on other players - it's gross. There's zero excuse for it, even if he thinks he's a victim of some grand conspiracy (which he's not). I may be a fool, but I believe in redemption stories. I believe Robbie can make things right and I hope he does. And I hope that if he tries - truly tries, that people will forgive him. And if you've ever attacked Robbie or anyone in this community for absolutely no reason at all, I hope YOU make an effort to right your wrongs, as well. There are some around here who will probably always be toxic, but I choose to believe that things can be fixed with time and the right attitude from all parties.

Offline Yegman

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2021, 10:46:52 pm »
And just like that, by not accepting a legit score, the DKF Scoreboard has become as corrupt as the Switch Scoreboard that has a 1.5m DK score at the top of it.
Member for 4 Years

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2021, 11:07:16 pm »
A few thoughts from my end...

Number one, and most importantly, is that I feel like the heavy majority of this community is filled with some incredible people. Since the day I first started competing almost three years ago, I have made some really great friends in these parts and I am so incredibly thankful for that. Yeah, some people are super weird, but we're all a little off in our own ways. We play DONKEY KONG!

Two - none of this happens with you, Jeremy/Jerry/Jry/Platinum Trophy King. You are an absolute legend for what you do. The players appreciate you more than you can possibly imagine. I appreciate you more than you can possibly imagine. You already know this, but I have your back 100%. I'm sorry but resignation is simply not an option.  ;)

Three. Robbie and I have always gotten along well, though we've rarely talked. I think the world of him as a player. His talent is awesome and there is no doubt about his ability. I do think his score is completely legit on the basis that I don't think lowering the voltage does anything. As perhaps one of a very small handful of players that understands what is going on in a super high-level DK game, I can say definitively that I have seen no differences other than the usual changes in RNG between credits. What has gone down with Robbie over the last 6 months or so has truly saddened me as a fellow competitor. I do not think that deep down, Robbie is a bad guy by any means at all. So many players from back in the day have shared some great stories about him. I just don't think he understands the impact of his words and what he's saying when he goes after so many players. Voltage conspiracies, cheating accusations, super personal attacks on other players - it's gross. There's zero excuse for it, even if he thinks he's a victim of some grand conspiracy (which he's not). I may be a fool, but I believe in redemption stories. I believe Robbie can make things right and I hope he does. And I hope that if he tries - truly tries, that people will forgive him. And if you've ever attacked Robbie or anyone in this community for absolutely no reason at all, I hope YOU make an effort to right your wrongs, as well. There are some around here who will probably always be toxic, but I choose to believe that things can be fixed with time and the right attitude from all parties.

Well said. Regardless of how we all feel on this submission, Jeremy is our scorekeeper and has been for over 8 years. He takes the time out of HIS life to contribute to this community, and has done a fantastic job doing so. His opinion on this score is controversial, and I do go back and forth on what is the right decision moment by moment. That being said, I respect what he has said here.

As I said in my previous post, Robbie does not care about DKF and this score rejection will prove, in his mind, the exact point he was hoping to make -- Which is that DKF is out to get him. However, while I do believe this score is legit, Robbie is ultimately out to get himself. In almost every circumstance that he accuses other people of causing problems, he invited such problems into his own life. I am understandably biased and honestly hurt by how Robbie has acted towards me and my friends in this community. I hope he knows that even if it means absolutely nothing to him.

This community has been my lifeblood since my freshmen year of high school, and as of late, I feel a deep divide that is so contrary to what attracted me to play this game in the first place. So many factions have been built within a once whole group of friends just playing old ass games for no reason. It's a fucking shame. I tried for the past ~2 years to make something new like that with Kong League, but the drama even infected that somehow. I still want to continue on and restore the former comradery we all once had, but it feels harder every month to see how this can be accomplished.

This behavior, and you know EXACTLY what I'm referring to, is not what made this community great. Change or watch it all burn down.
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2021, 11:09:21 pm »
And just like that, by not accepting a legit score, the DKF Scoreboard has become as corrupt as the Switch Scoreboard that has a 1.5m DK score at the top of it.
Don't worry your lord and savior will make sure twin galaxies and Guinness will accept or there will be another lawsuit   Kappa <stirpot> I fully approve jry choice
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ersatz_cats

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2021, 12:24:25 am »
I'll preface by acknowledging that my voice means basically nothing here. That said, I've seen the public record, and I 100% believe xelnia is doing the right thing. I'm a firm believer in doing what's right, even when it's unpopular.

If Robbie wants his scores accepted, he should stop expressing his intent to manipulate hardware for an unfair advantage, as inept at it as he may be. Fair competition requires a social contract, and his actions in this regard have broken that contract, and thus any trust. In other words, while outright cheating is often hard to prove, competitors must at the very least pretend to play fairly and honestly. Allowing Robbie to cross that line, as he has so brazenly and consciously done, would only make it that much harder to enforce down the road.

As far as scoreboard integrity, this is no different than failing to acknowledge later scores of a proven, unrepentant cheater, even if there is no other reason to doubt those specific scores. Again, a line has to be drawn.

Truthfully, Robbie's score is being rejected because deep down he wanted it to be. So I don't see any reason to defend him on this.

The whole situation is just sad and unfortunate.
Member for 6 Years

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2021, 02:13:04 am »
Wtf fkk this abuse im gone  <Allen>
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2021, 02:36:57 am »
Truth be told, I knew a split was imminent.  I just thought the split would be initiated by Robbie.
Sad to see it go down this way.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2021, 02:59:13 am »
Truth be told, I knew a split was imminent.  I just thought the split would be initiated by Robbie.
Sad to see it go down this way.

There's only one person to blame here and his name is not Jeremy
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2021, 03:40:49 am »
Barbra pls
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2021, 06:10:00 am »
I respect Jerry and his dedication to this community. I hate that you are tasked with this, and I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. I do still disagree with the decision. I also think that the rules should be amended to require full game audio for the entirety of the performance, at least for scores that break a particular threshold be it a specific score or above or percentile of the leaderboard.
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Perfectpacman

• Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2021, 06:16:03 am »
Nice little 'click' you have here.

I thought that his score would be accepted based on the score and not by your feelings towards him.
Don't try and smother your feelings with 'submission rules' either, you clearly only have your own agenda.
Any newcomer coming here should be directed to this thread. A new WR and that is littered with personal feelings towards a particular gamer and not the video evidence and subsequent voting up of his score.

As I mentioned earlier, you're a disgrace to your forum and your kind of bias behaviour and 'closed club' should be avoided.

Guinness will of course accept this score, like most open minded people out there will congratulate hard work and dedication in the face of bullying and harrasment.

Who really cares what 'DKF' think.

Guinness and mature people mean so much more.
Member for 3 Years

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2021, 06:48:09 am »

<Billy> <Allen>

Offline jwade614

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2021, 07:38:01 am »
I think it's a mistake reject a legit score. The rule is that the score may be rejected, not that it shall be rejected. If the score's legitimacy is in question, reject it. Otherwise, accept it. Put an asterisk on it, if you must.
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheKD

• Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2021, 07:50:04 am »
The irony.
Member for 4 Years