Author Topic: The Gobblet: The Ultimate Donkey Kong 3 Competition  (Read 16420 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: The Gobblet: The Ultimate Donkey Kong 3 Competition
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 10:09:04 am »
I've tried to make DK3 a little more Gobbly :) (draft)
 Maybe the flowers could be cranberries (I don't know much about Thanksgiving !)

Wow, that is fantastically awesome.   ROFL
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 01:13:34 pm »
The difficulty needs to be put in the rules section on the website.  You know there's going to be a dozen people who play on default.  GL!
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 01:51:43 pm »
The full game settings will show up on the landing page once the tournament starts, along with the marquee, etc.

The settings that I currently have are:

Mame Romset: dkong3
Lives: 5
Bonus Life: None
Medium difficulty

Is that correct?
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2020, 02:49:49 pm »
Might need to add a clarification about which difficulty to use if you are using MAME vs arcade as they aren't 1-1.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2020, 02:54:57 pm »
I think someone whined to MAMEdev and the difficulties were updated recently to match arcade  <snek>
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »
The full game settings will show up on the landing page once the tournament starts, along with the marquee, etc.

The settings that I currently have are:

Mame Romset: dkong3
Lives: 5
Bonus Life: None
Medium difficulty

Is that correct?

For MAME it's HARD

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2020, 04:24:43 pm »
I think someone whined to MAMEdev and the difficulties were updated recently to match arcade  <snek>

Wait, what?  So you're telling me there are two difficulty settings?  So MAME 223 is Medium, and MAME 183 is Hard?  Is that what you are saying.

Makes me angry that they screwed with the settings.  It was already confusing.   <mad>

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2020, 05:24:15 pm »
So MAME 183 it's hard

For MAME 223 it's dip switch setting (3)

For Arcade Dip switch setting (3)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2020, 09:32:32 pm »
OK, my very first ghost score 451,200

So yeah, the competition has started.

8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 09:05:07 pm »
2nd ghost score.  About as ugly a 500k game you'll ever see.  504,700   Edit:  Not to late to join in on the fun.  :)

https://www.cagtournaments.com/InProcess/20

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2020, 06:38:58 am »
OK, upped the score again. 537,200  Still haven't had a breakout game just yet.  It'll come.
https://www.facebook.com/george.riley.754/videos/3886255744739510

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2020, 07:29:33 am »
Someone asked if they could use MAME 224.  I decided that this would be OK.  I don't see why this would be a problem.  But yeah, if you have 223, use that. :)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2020, 12:25:27 pm »
OK, finally something a tad bit better.  My ghost score 588,600

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2020, 03:10:19 pm »
Just a reminder of my bounties for this event!

• $20USD to any player who beats Dwayne Richard's 473,400 who hasn't done so before
-
-
  • $100USD to anyone who beats the current WR of 1,303,000 set by George Riley  (George is eligible too)

One bounty per player
No limit on how many people can claim a single bounty
Score must be eligible for the DKF DK3 HSL

gooooo
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline dknetter

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2020, 05:25:22 pm »
Oh, I forgot about the bounties! Perhaps the 473k one is feasible, but seems even that may be out of reach. There should be a bounty for just beating the current WR holder's ghost score too!

Fwiw, I don't know if creech's chat rant referring to 'dsync' or whatever was actually a reference to glitches in my inp, but I did find mame 223 was glitching/freezing for me during gameplay. I just installed 223 for this, and it had never happened on 106 which I usually use. I installed 183 and played that some today, and don't think that one is glitching for me like 223 was doing. So not sure, but seems 223 has glitch problems.
Member for 4 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer