Author Topic: Here is a compile of MAME directly supporting Dkong Spooky and Chritstmas Remix  (Read 4994 times)

pac_man_fan

I just found these 2 remixes and liked the games enough to add them to my own compile.

Here I made a moderm compile of MAME 0.223 to directly include:
- Donkey Kong Christmas Remix (DKREMIX)
- Donkey Kong Spooky (DKSPOOKY)
- Removed nag screens
- ARCADE Target compile

Since these ROMS were released for a Tournament, it looks as if the  DIP switchs only
controls Cabinet style (Upright / Cocktail), and not # lives, Bonus, nor Extra man selections.

I read the Christmas Remix should be able to select level order too (REMIX A, REMIX B, CLASSIC).

It would be nice if a set was available of these 2 games, that allow the extra options above
(and high score save), like in DKONGX and DKONGX11 at start-up.

The zip includes the compiled Mame, ROMS and Source.
http://www.hotwheels50.club/DK/dkmame.zip
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 03:28:53 pm by pac_man_fan »

Offline elskippo

• Awards
Cool!
Here is some eye candy to complete it...

Member for 6 Years

pac_man_fan

Some of the standard Donkey Kong cheats work on these,
such as: Infinite Lives, Finish this Level Now, no fireballs/barrels/jacks, but not other.

It would be neat to get these working on Spooky and Christmas Remix too:
- Select Starting Level
- Freeze Bonus Timer
- Invincibility
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 07:30:13 pm by pac_man_fan »

Offline Capone27

• Awards
any luck on using these on a Arpicade? if so anyone have a link to the files?

thanks
Capone
Member for 8 Years

Offline cyberdman

• Awards
The regular HBMAME release supports playing these 2 games and has for several releases now.  Although, you'll need to rename the ROMs to dkspkyrmx and dkchrmx.  What I want is to figure out what to add to the hiscore.dat file to get it to save my high scores.  The standard dkong entries don't work for these 2 games.
Member for 5 Years

Offline mcrowell75

• Awards
That link is dead.  And trying to find the remix roms on this forum is a bit ridiculous.  I finally found the halloween rom buried deep in a thread.  Anyone know where the christmas one is?  Or the original sockmaster remix?  I love Donkey Kong and I've played it since Colecovision.  Please throw an old guy with bad eyes a bone here.  Anyone? 
Member for 3 Years

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
Spooky is based on Donkey Kong II and not Donkey Kong IIRC so you will need to use a hiscore.dat for that. I've never messed with it much so not sure I can help you there.

The regular HBMAME release supports playing these 2 games and has for several releases now.  Although, you'll need to rename the ROMs to dkspkyrmx and dkchrmx.  What I want is to figure out what to add to the hiscore.dat file to get it to save my high scores.  The standard dkong entries don't work for these 2 games.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
https://archive.org/details/dkongx11 - Xmas
https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2382.msg37025#msg37025 - Spooky

That link is dead.  And trying to find the remix roms on this forum is a bit ridiculous.  I finally found the halloween rom buried deep in a thread.  Anyone know where the christmas one is?  Or the original sockmaster remix?  I love Donkey Kong and I've played it since Colecovision.  Please throw an old guy with bad eyes a bone here.  Anyone?
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline mcrowell75

• Awards
The internet archive link does not have the xmas rom.  I was able to find it elsewhere.  Some very deep searching led me to it.   Sure would be nice if it could be posted on this forum where it belongs. 
Member for 3 Years